Skip to main content

Smile on My face - say's it all :)

Today was the day that I started Riding at West Hallam Riding Centre, and that I was back riding my favourite Boy :') GATSBY, of course who else? 

The lesson went really well, my lesson was at 1:00 but I was able to get there for 12:30 to tack Gatsby up and Groom him, for the simple reason that I love Gatsby, so anytime spent with him just cheers me up! When I got there I had a chat with Fiona, while she made mum a cup of tea about what I had been working on whilst I was riding him at Broomfield. Then he got bought in and I got to groom him he was all muddy from  hours of rolling about in the field, what more can a horse ask for? But I did that then tacked him up and was helped to tack him up by Elaine. 

When we got on in the school, I spent 10 minutes with Fiona working on getting my seat right making sure that I would be using my seat bones but also that I had got my leg in the right place e.g. having a flat foot because if you push your heels down it puts your leg forward which effectively puts you off balance so that was something that I spent a long time working on, and it was something new that I got to work on! Then we spent a while warming up and getting me used to being on Gatsby again, I was glad to be back on him again, very very glad! We did lots of walk, trot, transitions, making sure that he was warmed in well. Then moved on to doing leg-yeilding as this is something that I would really like to do more of and get to doing better! The first time I tried doing it in rising trot that didnt work to well, so the next time I moved on to sitting trot and it worked a hundred times better I soon got in to the swing of moving my leg off and back on to his side. I found this quite hard and it is something that I plan to work on. 

We also worked on keeping him in an outline because when I used to ride him he wanted to keep his head unnaturally height, so Fiona has been working on keeping him in a much more rounded outline with his headed lower and when he stats lifting and shaking his head half halting and then moving him forward so that he doesnt do it 

Now on to the pictures 
Until next time 
A Girl With A Dream xx 

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a very nice ride. You guys look super good together. Awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thank you so much! he was amazing and great to ride :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pics. Congrats on a good lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) there will be more pics on Saturday :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...