Skip to main content

update on the competition

hey guys

just a quick update about my competition at this moment in time it is looking like it is not going to be happening, Gatsby's owner hasnt been able to be convinced to let me use him booo :( but theres still a chance that I am going to be riding but it is only a small chance that i will be competing, hate not knowing whether I will be or not! But there's still a 25% chance that i will get to ride arthur and do it on him! He's gone lame for no reason, but they are going to trot him up and see what happens on monday when he was trotted on the yard he wasn't looking lame but this could be very different when it comes to him being rode as nobody knows whats actually causing him to go lame.


Finally got a video of my boy up might not be the best but this was some canter work and for some pictures guys :) So below are some pictures of my boy, yes he can be a pain and over excitable but hey that's why i love them, these were taken from another video that it wouldnt let me upload thats about four/five minutes long and were just still's of certain parts of the video's hope you like them.

Cause Gatsby just loves to canter, I feel like I am flying when I ride this horse.

My Big boy at 17/18 hands i feel rather small

trying to get him to be more extended

showing off his size he didnt like the horse that was in front of him i think he thought that they were going to slow so that is why his ears are so far back but still i love him

Cause Gatsby thinks the purpose of life is to go as fast as he can, can i blame him no? do i love it? YES! Action shot from a film.

Cause he just looks so muscly in this picture and big he makes me feel small its almost like flying!

 So that's abit more about what I did in my lesson yesterday hope you all like it? Tomorrow is the beginning of my proper studying as I have my first two exams on Wednesday and need to be ready for them this year compared to last year! I am feeling nervous about them but confident that I can do well with them I've not got another lesson til next week on Saturday which is competition day so if I don't have a horse then I wont be riding I will update you all with any news I get on any of my lame horses! Hoping my boys are better soon.

Until next time
A Girl With A Dream x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...