Skip to main content

why I ride and what it means to me?

Hey my loyal followers :)

I decided to let you all in on why I tide and what it means to me, and why it's so important. I've been riding for about 10/11 years now, and I'm still riding everyone thought that it would be something I did for a while and gave up on like i did on most other sports but that never happened, I've stuck at it and kept working hard, because I know what I want to do.

To me riding isn't just a sport, it's a passion, its something that means the world to me but it is also something that is completely indescribable because the feeling it creates the minute I'm even near a horse or think about a horse I know that its something I could never stop doing. I could never stop doing it and plan on doing this my entire life! But I'm going to try my hardest and put it in to words so you can know a little bit more about me and why I do what I do.

I might not be the best rider in the world or the most natural rider in the world. But I have no intention of ever giving up on my dream of having my own horse that I can show and compete. Thats been my dream since I was little and one day that dream will come a reality maybe I'll have to wait longer than my 18th birthday but one day I'll have my own horse!

I ride because of the joy that the animals bring me, and the feeling of working together with an animal that doesn't have to work with us but chooses to allow us to ride them. They are gorgeous and magnificent creatures and also much stronger than us but they still let us learn on them, and they still let us ride them there strong enough to not let us do that. My relationship with the horses is what means the most to me not the riding but the relationship because without that relationship we wouldnt get the best out of the horse and it wouldn't be fair. It's the fact that such a magnificent animal respects us and trusts us enough to take care of them and tha'ts what means the most to me! The faith the animals have in us is something that is completely indescribable no matter how hard I try I just cant put it into words!

Yes I love riding because it's a good way to keep fit but it means so much more to me than that. Its not just a hobby that at some point ill get bored of it's my life and my biggest passion. Riding means the world to me and always will do! I ride because I love horses and because I love the feeling. Sure putting your trust in such a magnificent animal might be hard but at the end of the day that doesnt matter to me because horses trust us so we should trust them. I have 100percent confidence in my riding and trust in the horses. Sure I'm less confident on some horses but thats part of riding, and is a way that we can get better at what we do.

Hope this give you guys more insight in to why I ride and just how truly important this is to me.

Until Next Time
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...