Skip to main content

Mystical Spanish Riding school Part two

There are so many things going on at the minute to do with horses that I can't decide what to write and when to write it! I never thought that I would get to having 100 posts on my blog in less than a year, I'm not very good at sticking to things and love writing my blog for you all to read and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. For my first post of today cause you never know if I get bored later I might write about something else.  

On Sunday after the work in hand it was time to watch the 'Pas de Deux' this is where two matching stallions (personality wise) ride in total symmetry and harmony and they are the centre piece of this performance. The riders position themselves so that they are mirroring the other horse and what one rider does at one end of the school the other does at the other end of the school. They move in strict time to the music and use perfect lines. The two riders then demonstrate all the movements of the classical school (this includes leg-yielding, shoulder in, pirouettes).

Spanish Riding School performing the 'pas de deux' at the Riding School in Vienna.
The next part was something that was truly fascinating it showed collection and grace, this was performed by Rider H. Seiberl and the horse was called Siglavy Theodora 1, this is one of the most prestigious and well known horses at the school. This part was called 'On the long rein' this is where the rider walks behind the horse on a long rein. guiding and supporting him using only the long reins and a slight touch of the whip.

Spanish Riding School - Rider H. Seiberl and Horse - Siglavy Theodora 1 performing 'On the Long Rein'
All the steps and movements of the high school part 2 is performed by one rider, the movements they do are done by only holding the reins with one hand the other hand holds a piece of Birchwood that is to represent a sword that would have been used when the horses were used as war horses.  These movements are fluid and controlled and show how elegant the horse truly is. 

Spanish Riding School - All the steps and movements of the high school, Part 2. The bay horse in this picture IS a Lipizzaner, there s only one bay horse in the school and this shows good luck!

The next part is the part that the riding school is most well known for and it is something that is truly fantastic to watch and something that I think any horse lover should see at least once in their lives. This part was the 'Schools Above the Ground'. This section involves complete trust because the rider performs the entire movement without stirrups. The schools above the ground is the highlight of the show. Here we get shown those figures were the horses raises themselves above the ground either using their forelegs or both the forelegs and hindquarters. The horses and riders perform the Courbette, The caproile and The Levade. 

Spanish Riding School - caproile

Courbette

Levade
Finally it was time to watch the school quadrille, this was the last part of the spanish riding school and something that i love to watch actually I enjoyed watching all of it. This was performed by all of the eight riders. The challenge is the fact that this movement is performed with 8 riders in the school at once. The horses show the various movements of classical dressage on short lines in a unique choreography and in perfect harmony. This is the longest part of the performance and is extremely demanding for both horse and rider and it demands a lot of concentration.

Spanish Riding School of Vienna on their home ground, this is the end to their performance and is the end of the School Quadrille. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream.

Comments

  1. Those Spanish horses are amazing arent they!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy Online horseback riding gear for kids from giddyupgirl & giddyup Australia designs on-trend, practical and affordable garments to make you feel and look your best in and outside of the arena. Designing for Australian and international riders for 16 years

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your article has really good reading, thought-provoking information.  You make several sound points I find agreeable.  Your article is a good example of superior writing from a writer that cares.  Thanks for sharing this information. Saddle Mania gets you covered here, with an extensive range of saddles, all carved with love. With different western saddles for sale ontario, including English saddles, different roping saddles, Western saddles, Australian stock saddles, Spanish saddles, Portuguese horse saddles for sale, and a lot more, you are going to witness the best saddle shopping experience with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,