Skip to main content

Shoulder-in, half pass and a new school surface.

So Today I rode Gatsby and had a good time. So far even though it looks like its going to be a cold winter, and not very nice at all (though I am hoping there is no snow and no thunderstorms as they tend to freak me out! But I was really excited to see that Fiona had got a new surface for the indoor school it is now rubber chippings she had said that she was going to do it and we were going to be the first one to use it. It took fiona and the gang from 10am yesterday til 7:30pm last night for Fiona to have the new school surface laying fat on the ground, and covering the entire arena, it was really fun to ride on and there wasn't as many puddles on it. But it also seemed to make Gatsby feel like he was lighter, he really seemed to enjoy it and have fun. Well his ears were forward the entire time! 

Today we decided that we were going to carry on the shoulder in and work on the outline but more focus on the shoulder in than the outline! It was really funny because for the first 15-20 minutes we were working on the outline and during this time you could see that I was part way there but was just over thinking it a little bit to much. So we then moved on to doing the shoulder in and I learnt that I really had to ever exaggerate the movement so that he moves out more but then keeping a firm inner leg so that he doesn't drift off the track and into half pass (which we did do a couple of times) The walk I found this harder in but its something that I am going to work on. 

Next week I get to try going over some poles and doing pole work with Gatsby and maybe even popping over a couple of jumps, which would be quite fun to do as I haven't jumped Gatsby since june/july and he was the last horse that I jumped so it has been quite a while, but I can not wait to ride Gatsby again next week and possibly try jumping it will be so much fun! I just love that horse! 

Tomorrow I am off to the NIA at Birmingham to see the Spanish Riding School of Vienna, this is something that I have always wanted to see and almost did get to see once but this time I get to see them! I have had the ticket books to go to the NIA since August, but the tickets only arrived last week and I was so excited when the tickets arrived. Before watching the Spanish Riding School I get to see a Demo done by Carl Hester and Charlotte Dujardin. 

Until Tomorrow
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...