Skip to main content

So much to do, In such little time.

Today and yesterday I have had so much to do and such little time to do it in. After riding Gatsby on saturday I logged on to check my UCAS (university application thing) and earlier that day it had been changed and I had got a reply from Staffordshire University, they said that they wanted me to go to an interview on the 5th (four days away), I asked my mum if she could take me and she said yes because nothing else was planned. Then yesterday I got an email off the Staffordshire University with all the things that I was going to need for the interview, its not bad enough that I have to stand up and talk to people that I don't know but I also needed to find a sketch book, photograph the majority of last years coursework and put it into a portfolio, I also needed to do written work as it wasn't just a photography course but it was a photojournalism course. 

Well today mum woke me up at 9:40 and we started work, I didn't finish working til 6:00 roughly. I have managed to get my art work out of school photograph my favourite pieces of coursework and then print them out on plain white paper with a description of what each piece is, I then included some Candid shots (for those of you who don't know photographs that people do not know are being taken) and some Rider shots that I have taken over the years. 

Then it was on to the written work this was going to be the hardest thing for me, but it was something that I needed to have, on Monday I bought a new folder. The first thing to put in it was coursework from A2 Level English (the second year of my A-levels). Then I wrote two extra pieces, the first one was on Tim Flach some of you might know him as a horse photographer then I did a second one on Ansel Adams. The third thing I did for my written work was I took screen shots from my blog that you lovely people read every day and when I had done that I put a bit of writing about them and put them in my folder.

I would also like to say a huge thank you to Jan from 'A thousand pounds of fragile horse' for the prize that I got, me and Gatsby love it! And for anyone that hasn't checked out her blog click on the link and head over and check it out :) 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...