Skip to main content

Collegial Equestrian Blog hop

Well seen as there is nothing going on for me in the horse world today I thought that I would do the blog hop now, and probably a smaller post later just about my day in general, random thoughts you know the normal kind of thing that I tend to do.

So while I was reading some blogs I noticed that Equestrian At Hart and Viva Carlos had done a blog hop that had been started by Collegial Equestrian and thought why not I might as well join in too soo here goes.
 
So here goes the theme is Share a memory from: 
  1. The first horse experience that you can remember. 
  2. Your first 'aha' moment - when something really clicked for you as a rider.
  3. Entering the Ring. Could be your first show, or another time when simply entering the arena could be considered a 'debut' of sorts.  


Here are my answers:-
  1. The first horse experience that I can remember, was seeing horses and always wanting to stroke them and getting my mum to pull over at the side of the road next to a field where a horse was and just sitting stroking the horse, I was horse mad from the start, and when we used to get to bring our own toys in to Primary School, I always bought in my toy horses. 
  2. My first 'aha' moment was probably riding Jake, a horse I've rode for 10 years now and a horse that really taught me how important my seat was. Jake used to have a habit of taking off on people he'd get bored and you could see him start to play up, he did it one day and I just really got right I need to keep my heels forwards, not move forward and lose my position and stay sitting tight in my seat whilst asking him to stop what he was doing. 
  3. Entering the ring 'debut' moment, for me this was riding Tobias a horse that I used to ride at Broomfield College, he was a gorgeous 16.2hh Piebald horse, I can't quite remember what breed and it was the first ever show I had done, and I remember warming him up and feeling really nervous, then we went in to the ring and everything just seemed to click, I was nervous but not as nervous as I thought I would be and I was even surprised that all though Steph was reading out what to do, I could remember it on my own. 
First Ever Dressage competition on Tobias mentioned in my answer to Question Three.

How to join the blog hop:
  1. Copy/paste the logo, the prompt, and the questions in bold.
  2. Respond to them on your blog.
  3. Publish your blog post and copy the URL.
  4. Come back to this page, click the button below, and enter your blog name and the post's URL.
  5. Then click the link that says "get the InLinkz code" and copy/paste the appropriate code in the HTML of your blog. Enter the code at the very end of your post so it appears at the bottom.
  6. The list will update on everyone's blog automatically once you sign up!

Until next time
A Girl With A Dream


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for joining the hop!

    That is quite the ensemble for a dressage show! And Tobias is a cutie. Did the pink shock the judges or was it more of a casual thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a herd of toy horses long before I actually ever sat on one. I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was more a casual thing than a strict you have to wear this now and that's it, if that makes sense? It was really chilled and relaxed :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...