Skip to main content

Sixth Form Ball Dress Ordered and a relaxed day of art.

I found the ball dress, as most of you will know (if you read my post yesterday) I had seen a dress that I really liked on pinterest and when I followed the link I was gutted to find out that it was on an American site so even if I ordered it from america there is NO guarantee that it would get her (the UK) in time. So last night I started looking on the internet, after my sister had left, for a dress that was similar to the one that I'd seen online I'd seen a few that were similar but the problem was that they all had a drop waist which is really not suitable for my body shape. Today I emailed them to my mum and she agreed that none of them were 'the one' so during my textiles lesson I went back online to look for that one dress I'd looked at so many different dresses and none of them were that close to the one I'd seen there were some that were similar but nothing that close, I was scrolling through the internet page and a dress caught my eye. I was so shocked to find out that it was THE dress that I'd seen on Pinterest, it was exactly the same and I was so happy that I managed to find it online on a UK site. The website does custom made dresses so you can have the dress made to your measurements and you can also make small alterations to it that you want e.g. adding a capped sleeve things like that. I loved it. I sent my mum the link and when I get in tonight we are going to check the measurements to see which size I need and hopefully we are going to get to order it. Everyone else in my textiles and english class have ordered their dresses but not me. So my mum and I will look at it tonight. 

Other news that I forgot to mention, last night my sister, her boyfriend and my nephew came over to visit my nan but also came over for tea we had BBQ'd chicken and everyone else had rice but I had noodles. When my sister came over they went in to see my nan and then came back in to the sitting room and Brody was on my sisters knee so I sat on the floor in front of them and he was so cute, he put his arms out so I gave him a hug and then I went to move back and he kept holding on so Mick said 'he's letting you know he wants you to pick him up' so I did, and he was being all cute and cuddly it was so nice. Then while we had tea he was pulling faces and he was making everybody laugh and it was dead funny because my dad was picking everyone's plates up and we were giving them him so that he could take them to the kitchen and Brody picked up his plate and held it out to give it to my dad and then he was waving to my dad all the time it was so cute and so funny. My nephew is such a good baby. Then when we were sitting on the floor in my nans room he developed a new game I sat on the floor and he kept running between my sister, his dad and I and giving us all hugs it was so adorable. Then when my dad came in to say bye to my sister Brody went running after him waving it was so cute! Gotta love my baby nephew, then he sat himself on my knee and looked as if he was about to start falling asleep on me. 

Today's been a fairly simple day, I spent my textiles lesson looking at dresses and did a page in my folder. In English we spent some more time reading the white devil, It's a really complicated book and there's so many characters with similar names that I never know who is who. I then spent some time drawing in art and am now curled up at home. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,