Skip to main content

Ride on Gatsby and my PlayBook arrives

Well this morning my PlayBook came I was really excited and asked my mum to wake my up when it came even if that's at 8:30 this morning. I set it up even though my mum had to help me with setting up my Emails because it wanted to know all the advanced settings that I didn't know. 

Then it was time to go and ride Gatsby he was abit of a pain when it came to grooming him as he has issues with people touching his ears so he kept putting his head really high. When he was eventually clean I tacked him up and it was time to get on him. When I got one him the sun was shining and it turned out to be the perfect weather it wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold. It was just right. Only down side was that there were millions of flies, and they were driving Gatsby and Rosie mad. I quickly sorted my girth and stirrups nd moved on to warming him up. Fiona said that we were going to carry on working with the canter and then maybe move on to working on the sitting trot but doing it without stirrups the thought made me nervous but it's been something that I've been wanting to do recently. Unfortunately I never got round To working without stirrups so that will be something that I will work on later in the week. Jaimieleigj was riding rosie to start with but the flies were effecting her that badly that she switched on to using Rocky to start with she was really nervous but she did settle in to him. We moved on to going over three trot poles in rising trot then the minute we had gone over the last pole asking for canter catering a 20 metre circle then repeating we would do this three or four times on each rein. We did this for half a lesson and then moved on to doing something different. 

We then worked on, 'riding the rail' it was similar to riding western. First of all your moved on to trotting either sitting or rising when we had got a steady rhythm we then started really using a long rein, almost holding on to the buckle on the reins. The aim was to continue riding in a nice rhythm not speeding up or slowing down. Gatsby and I found this fairly easy as I knew he wasn't going to do anything. After spending 10 minutes riding like this I moved on to doing some leg yielding to make a change from doing the canter work. He was really well and we got some nice soft and smooth leg yields. We then walked around on a long rein to cool down. After that Gatsby was being used for another lesson so I helped the girl get on him and then returned home.  

Mum got some good videos on my PlayBook so I will put them in a post of their own. When I got in my mum and I went to clean dads car. Then it was time for the grand national every year for as long as I can remember my mum puts a bet on for everyone in the house (we pick our own horses). Well this year my mum put a £1 bet on and she managed to win £84.50 the horse she had bet on had odds of 66/1 so you can imagine the look on our faces when mums horse won! 

I think that's all for now so I'll leave you with a picture of Gatsby from today. By the way excuse any bad spelling this post was done on my PlayBook 

Until next time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. Its funny, some pics he looks so huge, others much smaller. Handsome boy either way :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...