Skip to main content

A need for Speed, and dressage tests.

So today I went to see the 6th fast and furious film, I thought it was going to be the last but it doesn't look like it is and that's amazing because I've like grown up watching these films. The next one is going to be interesting because it includes Jason Statham who is one of my all time favourite actors. I can not wait. For any one that has not seen this film you should definitely go and watch it. If you like fast cars, money and fun then this is the film that is for you. I love watching these films and can't wait until it comes out on DVD compared to some of the others it wasn't the best but it was good and had a strong story line to it and the fact that Lettie's back made it even better. These films always have and always will give me need for Speed what more can I say other than I love fast cars. 

On Monday first of all I had a how to ride a dressage test clinic. I decided that I wanted to really push myself so I did one that was based around including canter circles. When we first got there we looked through some shorter but popular tests. We the went in to the school and walked through the test out of all of us I was doing the hardest one that included lots of transitions. After we had walked through it it was time to give the ponies some loving. So I gave Gatsby lots of cuddles and brushing snd just enjoyed spending time with him. We them got on the horses and we worked through the simplest test so that the youngest girl.had got a better idea which I was fine with and to be honest it totally made sense. when we had done that I asked for a couple for canter transitions with Gatsby just to see what he was going to be like for when we did do the test. I agreed that I would do my test first, it wasn't the best of tests, it wasn't overly graceful but considering it was the first time that I had rode a test in over a year I was happy with it. I was able to pick up the canter when Gatsby broke out of it and over all I was really happy with how the afternoon went. 

This post is to be continued tomorrow, I'll have more details on the test and pictures of my score sheets. I will also tell you how pony club went. 

But Until Then 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. Oohh! I want to see Fast and Furious 6 - loved Fast Five. Interested to read about the clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing well worth watching! I've watched all of them and they just keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...