Skip to main content

Pony Club and Dressage Clinic With Lots of Details

So more information on the dressage clinic, it amazed me how much my riding changed the minute that people mentioned test to me, it was like I immediately became nervous even though in my mind I knew that i had got no reason to be nervous. Below I'll put the movements the score I got and the comments that I got:-

  1. A - Enter working trot rising. Score 8/10. St Cl Active. 
  2. C - Track Left. 7/10. Active paces.
  3. E - Circle Left 20m. 7/10. Could have been rounder. 
  4. Between K and A - working Canter Left lead. 7/10. Good Balance. 
  5. B - Circle Left 20m. 5/10. Broke. 
  6. Approaching B - Working Trot. 6/10. Could be safer. 
  7. C - Medium Walk. 5/10. Jogged. 
  8. HXF - Free Walk on a long rein. FA Medium Walk. 8/10. Good stretch and length of stride. 
  9. A - Working Trot. 8/10. No comment 
  10. E - Circle Right 20m. 7/10. Becoming Softer. 
  11. Between H&C - Working canter right lead. 5/10. Late to Canter. 
  12. B - Circle right 20m. 5/10. Broke. 
  13. Approaching B - Working Trot. 7/10. No Comment. 
  14. A - Down Centre Line. X - Halt. Salute. 6/10. Brief half. 1/4 right. 
Now on to the assessments and the comments that I got from them. 
  • Rider's positions and influence - straightness, balance and suppleness. Correctness and effectiveness of the aids, execution of the movements. 7/10. Comment - Need to work on the effectiveness of and in canter.
  • Relaxation and correct contact - Calm and Confident. Elastic Contact, with a relaxed horses that is free and regular. Accepting the bridle and the riders leg aids. - 6/10. Comment - Maintain rein contact and encourage softer outline
  • Regularity and Freedom - Relaxed and free of tension. Willingness to move freely forward with regularity in all paces. 7/10. Comment - Paces at times a little hurried and lose of rhythm. 
  • General Impression - The horse and rider work confidently as a combination showing smoothness, regularity and relaxation. Transitions are smooth and the rider positively influences the horse, following the movement. 7/10. Comment - More practice at test riding to relax more.
While the scores aren't great I am really happy with both the work that I did and the work that Gatsby did, he was soft at times but I know that I need to work harder. I am really happy with some of the 8's that I got as I really didn't expect to get 8's. The 5's in the canters I fully expected because I have only just really started working on the canter work. But I was happy that I was able to pick up the canter after I broke the canter. It made me feel more confident when I was riding and that I can ride and that I do work well with Gatsby. I am so happy with how much my riding is changing and that I am finally getting to where I want to be with my riding. 

PONY CLUB


Then at 4:30 it was Pony Club. I love pony club it is so fun. Today we decided that we were going to do some more leading work and grooming but then we were going to look at doing field maintenance as well. As I had just ridden Gatsby I agreed that I would also to do some work with Rascal. Rascal is 24 so is quite stiff and old, I was doing work with Rascal on leading. We practiced doing walk, and a small amount of trot. After doing this we halted on the centre line and practiced backing, and turning from one side 360 degrees and then doing the same going the other way. After we had done this we took the horses in and sat down to talk about field maintenance. We talked about ragwart (think I spelt that right), poo picking fields and why it was important to do this. We started off doing this but Rosie has kicked up Laminitis after being in the fresh grass for less than a day. Rosie originally goes out with Corrie, the two of them where in a new paddock. Fiona and I took down the electric fence in one field and then moved it to the old field that Corrie and Rosie were in, we split the field in two and worked on putting the electric fence in place. This was something that I had never done before and I loved learning how to do it. When we had managed to do this we went back to poo picking. It was then time to go home the horses were already out in the field so we didn't need to do that but I wouldn't have minded doing that. 

Pony Club was so much fun and Fiona asked if I thought it was effective and I said yes we thought that it was effective because one day in the future I am going to want my own horse, and pony club is giving me the opportunity to learn all about how to look after my pony so that when the time comes I'll know how to do it. I am loving all the learning and the fact that maybe one day I'll get to do some competitions too. I never thought that I would ever want to do in one hand work but I LOVE it, I really think it's helping to build a bond with other horses it is so much fun. 

On Friday (tomorrow) I have an own a Pony Day so there will be another horse related post tomorrow, now that I have left school I am getting so many more opportunities to do things that are horse related. Later on I am going to do a post that has pictures of my new gloves and what I think about them and it is also going to have pictures of my test sheet as well as my new jacket. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...