Skip to main content

JUMP!

Jumping Gatsby today was fun we had some really tough moments but with Fiona's help i ended on a really good note, I'm so happy. 

When I got there  I spent some time grooming Gatsby and just giving him so love, he was really good and cuddly. I tacked him up and got on. Fiona asked me what I would like to do with Gatsby and I said jumping as I am really enjoying doing it as it's something I thought I wouldn't go back to doing but I did and I'm really happy with it. I'm starting to remember why I enjoyed doing it and had fun because I lost a lot of the fun that I used to have when I was at Broomfield, but I was happy because I was riding Gatsby. 

We started off warming up the important thing was making sure that I didn't use all my energy to early, we worked over poles starting off going rising and then when I went down the long side moving in to my jump seat, I had to make sure though that I didn't over use my muscles to early and push my self to far and that I was quite stable and balanced. There will be pictures but I am putting them at the end of this post. 

Once I had done this and felt confident we moved on to turning it on to a jump to get Gatsby more 'pingy' and off my leg we worked on doing walk to canter transitions. It amazes me that a couple of weeks ago I couldn't do them and now I don't struggle anywhere near as much as I used to, it really proves to me that I can ride better than I thought I could do. It was all about getting my striding right we had a couple of bad jumps but some that were good, and we discovered that Gatsby was trying to escape to the left, so I was over compensating without realising it by pushing him to the left. Once we figured this out we got a couple of nice jumps. 

We attempted to do an upright with him, and I liked the idea but I think in my mind I didn't think I could do it. I went over it a couple of times and it just got worse until at one point I lost my stirrup and the saddle tipped on me. I was convinced that I was going to fall off but Gatsby just stopped and let me get off to sort my saddle out so I didn't actually fall back. So we put it back down to being a cross rail and went over that a couple of times making sure that we ended the lesson a good note and we had a couple of really good jumps at the end. I then walked him down and cooled him off. I am really happy with how my riding is going considering I haven't jumped until two weeks ago in over a year, so the fact that my riding is developing makes me feel a lot better, but I know towards the end I was getting tired so I'm not to surprised about the mishap at the vertical. But I am so happy with what we did. 

Now on to what you've all been waiting for the pictures! 
























Until Next Time
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...