Skip to main content

BYRDS - A Scribe's day out!

On Sunday Fiona and I made the journey down to Keysoe, the College Equestrian Centre. The facilities there were stunning, they were honestly my dream equestrian centre, it had a massive out door school, enough for three dressage arena's that were being judged. There was a stunning indoor school, the great thing about this was you could sit eating (having our breakfast) and watch through the windows while the riders warmed their horses up. There was also a really nice equestrian shop that Fiona bought a stunning waistcoat from for the summer season. They also had a cross country course set up that I could see from a distance but I didn't see up close. The college goes on both sides of the road, it is truly massive, there show stables also looked amazing. 

When we got there we had our breakfast as we had arrived earlier and we were not going to have a lunch break so we needed something that was going to last all day. Once we had eaten Fiona explained to me what my job was going to be. The great thing about the tests that we were marking was there were two judges, one was marking how the rider rode the movements the second one (which we were doing) was judging the position of the rider. We had a list of things that we had to tick off if they were doing that or underline if it was something that they needed to work on. Then there was space for Fiona to make a comment and then obviously the space for the Score out of 10. 

We soon started and we saw some completely stunning horses. It amazed me how gorgeous some of the horses were. One of my favourite horse and riders was a little girl that rode a palomino horse, everything that she did was so natural and talented she made it look so easy and she got the highest mark out of all the riders that we judged for the day! The horse was always in an outline and you could see how secure her seat was, it was like poetry in motion it was amazing, she just had that natural talent that every rider wishes they had. The class that we were looking at had 40-45 riders in it, and was the biggest class of the day! By the end of the day my hand was hurting but I had an amazing time and would love to do it again. 

I learnt so much from scribing for Fiona because it made me look at the position more carefully and then also made me think about my position more carefully. It quickly made me realise how important it is to have a strong and secure position, and how that even the slightest change will effect my riding and also stop me from getting a nice outline! But I will have to wait until Saturday to see how much it does effect my riding.

I also saw a horse that Fiona and I loved! It was a Skewbald but the brown bard was like an angel delight mousy colour, I can't think how to describe it but it was stunning! It's movement was also extremely fluid, everything just seemed to flow and it seemed to have a really really nice but powerful canter! If I could have taken him home with me I would have! He was a bit taller than Gatsby but I only saw him from a difference so I'm not sure entirely what breed he was. 

When we had finished the judging we took the last couple of score sheets down and handed them in. Then we also got offered a bottle of either red or white wine. Fiona and I both had white, and mine's in the fridge at home for everyone to have with the meal at the weekend. On the drive back we had a good laugh and chat, we talked about what kind of horse I would want when it came to the right time for me to buy one and also what I would like to be able to do when I get my own horse. It gave me a lot to think about and I also think that some amazing opportunities are going to be coming soon, I love every chance that I get given in the horse world and can not wait to find out more about what's to come in the future! 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,