Skip to main content

Money Evaluation and Equine Show Wish List

So for a while I've been wanting to do a post that is more for me than anyone else. This post is about the money I spend on riding and also things that I will need in the future. 

Every year I spend £1080 on riding lessons (one lesson every week of the year). I then also do Pony Club on a Monday night a year's worth of Pony Club (one meeting a week, every week of the year) would be £520. So thats £1600, this doesn't include any of the own a pony day's or extra activities that I do. I am so lucky to have a family that supports my riding life style and definitely think that it is more a life style than a Hobby. 

Now on to things that I would like or need in my riding future. The first thing on the list is a new riding Hat that I can then use for competition, I've decided that I would like a black velvet one, as blacks the colour that I prefer. When looking on the internet I found two that I like. The first one is a Gatehouse Hickstead Velvet Riding Hat this costs £86.50. The second one I like because it has some sparkle to it! It's the Gatehouse Hickstead Velvet Hat with Crystal Bow. Now this is more expensive because of the crystals but I love it, I've always liked sparkles and if I had an infinite amount of money I would buy this without thinking twice. However it is £112.50.

Gatehouse Hickstead Velvet hat in black with a crystal bow. I love this hat so much! 
The next thing that I would like to have for if I was doing competitions is a new show jacket. The first one that I ever bought was a grey and pink show jacket, I love it but it won't match my black riding hat.  So the one that I would like is the Katie Price Show Jacket with pink piping and buttons! I love this jacket and it costs £59.99. The second jacket that I like is the Pikeur Sarissa Show coat, I love it! It looks fitted and comfy and I love the subtly white piping that it's got. However it costs £169.99, so I think that's just slightly out of my price range but wouldn't that be nice! 

Pikeur Sarissa Show Coat - I LOVE the white piping and my riding teacher always recommends this make! 
The next thing that I would like to buy is a pair of really nice boots! I've got my long boots that are great for winter, and I have got my short black ankle boots. However I haven't got any long competition boots and I haven't got the right chaps to go with my short boots so the search for boots begin. The first that boots that I really like are the Dublin On Air Stretch Dress Boots. They of course are black they are simple and they have a zip up the back of them which will make them easier to fit as I have got wider calfs. 

Dublin On Air Stretch Dress Boots 
Obviously there are other things that I would need but for me these are the three most important things. If I could only buy three things these are the three things that I would buy! Now to get rich quick so that I can buy them. Anyone got any ideas? 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...