Skip to main content

University Mac and Software

This morning I had to be up nice and early for the installation and delivery of my Mac. As you all probably know I have a macbook Air, that I purchased because it was light weight and usable but also because it was going to be good for photography. Then when I started applying for Uni I realised that realistically the screen was going to be too small for me to be able to edit photographs properly. 

So when it came to being accepted at University I then had to go for Interviews to do with Disability Allowance because of my long term chronic stomach pain, and through this it was decided that I would be able to get an iMac and software for it (for example a dictating software and planning software) as well as an olympus recorder so that I could record the lectures then be able to put them on my computer and take out of them the most important things. All of this was to be able to help me study better and improve my revision strategies and things like this. So this morning when it arrived I was pretty excited months ago I'd bought a desk so that it would be able to be in my room. 

When it arrived it had all the software already installed and I had the option that he could show me how to use it or I could learn to use it myself. I chose the second option because in my opinion it is the way that I would learn the best. Then I have been spending time applying for the student version of CC Cloud by adobe this allowed me to use all the adobe programmes for a certain amount each month! 

Now I'm off to explore more about my mac. 
So Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...