Skip to main content

First few days of Uni and my Bronze Award Exam

Yesterday was my first proper day at University, everything seems so dream like at the minute! When we first got there we got told more information about the course that we are doing for me it's a foundation year in Art and Design followed by three years of Commercial photography. The great thing is there are also two other girls on my course that are doing the same as me, and the three of us are all getting along really well! Then we had a tour around the two parts of the campus that we are going to be using followed by a talk on what to do if you are poorly and can't' come in. 

That evening I also had my Pony Club Bronze Award one and two test. I was nervous to start with but I knew that they were all things that I knew, or things that I do on a regular basis so I can do them without thinking about it. Then I got to put Gatsby to bed and rug him up for the night as the weather is turning cold and rainier. I passed both my one and two Bronze award. So Monday was a really good day for me. 

Today was my second day at University all this week we are going to be doing induction type things so we don't actually get started on the course until next Monday. This morning we had a tour around the library that was supposed to take an hour but only took 15 minutes so instead for the other 45 minutes we sat chatting. Then I drove home and then went back in at 4 o'clock for a talk and opportunity to be able to meet all the people that we will be working with. It finished earlier but I did find it helpful and all the people seemed really approachable. Tomorrow I officially enrol on my course in the morning and then in the afternoon I do some more workshops and getting used to using the computer university system! 

Tonight I went to my brothers friends house for his older sister to cut my hair. She's the same age as me but has been training to be a hair dresser. She does a really good job of cutting peoples hair and I'm really happy with how it looks. I've got a thicker/fuller fringe and longer layers this time. I'm not dying it until at least my birthday next year as it just needs some time off from having dye put in it. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...