Skip to main content

printing, darkrooms and plaiting

Today has been a long and at some points extremely tiring day. This morning we had got a lecture where we looked at different sculptures it wasn't the most helpful thing for me (photographer) but it was still interesting to see! 

We then went to Hobby Craft Where I put a new white paint and a new water brush thing, I wanted to get some guilding (not sure how you spell it) flakes but they hadn't got only multicoloured ones so I didn't get any. Then we went to McDonalds for our lunch which was nice the funny thing was I bumped in to Evie while I was there so Charmaine and Evie got to meet. 

When we had had our lunch we went back to the campus and did some work in the print rooms, I really enjoyed doing this (we used blue and red ink and made purple). I've never done until now Lino Printing so I'm enjoying playing around with that. They'll come in use for my Silk Screen workshop too, then we had an induction in to the Dark room, we didn't know we needed to bring film so we weren't able to actually do any of the developing process but maybe next time? 

At Pony Club it was mainly a catch up evening, but Fiona said if we didn't need to catch up that we would be able to come along anyway, so Molly and I worked on doing some plaiting on Gatsby. His main was to long to do it to start with so Fiona showed us how to pull his main using a Solocomb which was really interesting and then we got to work plaiting him up. It was really fun and I enjoyed talking to Molly, eventually we will be doing the plaiting badge! 

my attempt

Molly's go

my best one 
Until Next Time  
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. Your braids are a lot better than mine would probably be. Have you tried using water or hair mousse to make it easier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried water and that does make it a lot easier. I'm not the best at it but maybe one day I will be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...