Skip to main content

bit of a catch up :)

Hiya guys, 

Well tomorrow I get to go and see Jack again and I can't wait. you'll all know that he was originally in Portland young offenders well he has now moved a little bit closer to home and is in one in wolverhampton! I get to see him Saturday and Sunday again but the advantage is that I don't have to sit in a car five hours there and five hours back, and I get to come home and sleep in my own bed after seeing him! The disadvantage is that I don't get to go to Enzo's Italian which is a really nice restaurant in Weymouth! 

Now on to the riding front. Gatsby and I are doing great, we now have a jumping lesson on a monday every other week and flat lesson or pole work every saturday :D. It's building my stamina up loads more and we're getting a lot further with our jumping so it's really nice. Gatsby has finally got his own made to fit saddle to! I rode him in it on Saturday and it felt great, he was much happier over his back and a lot more willing to drop in to the outline, we spent pretty much the entire hour in an outline in the walk and trot and we're hoping to build it up in to the canter next but we will have to wait and see what happens with that. 

Last Monday I had a jumping lesson where we looked at jumping two jumps in a row. I can't see that this is the easiest thing that I have ever had to do because for some reason my brain goes in to melt down but it felt really good. I'm getting better at keeping an even rhythm over jumps and keeping going for longer and longer at a time. We're slowly getting to where I really want to be and it feels amazing! This weekend I haven't got a flat lesson with visiting Jack but I am having my jumping lesson on Monday so I'm hoping that that's going to well. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...