Skip to main content

Update post

Just a quick post from me today, sorry I haven't posted in a while, it's not even that I have been that busy I just haven't been on my laptop much recently and updating from my phone is a pain!  So what's new? 

Magic is doing really well it's been a few weeks since I've seen him but he's good! Last time I saw him he was letting me touch him willingly and he was following me (or more I was following) and playing with him around the field! He's being delivered on the 10th Of October (which would have been my Nan's birthday), his stables sorted, I know what bedding I'm using. Now all I need to do is sort out feeding, worming, dentist and the farrier! Yeah not much at all, next joke lol. I've sorted out some rugs as my amazing riding teacher has kindly offered to give me some rugs for him. So that's all good. 

Now on to the riding, I've been back riding either two or three weeks, since I broke my hand. It's going really well, my jumping is much more fluid and calmer. Ever since I got my new air body protector I have almost got a new confidence when it comes to jumping. Our flat work is  getting there slowly but surely I just need to build my stamina up more. I've been going to the gym again to lose more weight at the minute it's only once a week but I'm hoping to go more often soon. 

What else? Hmm, Jack's got a new job, he's now working as a football steward. While the work isn't full time it is definitely better than nothing and it is also something that he seems to be really enjoying so that always helps! He's also looking in to joining another stewarding company to do all the big horse shows next year and also all of the festivals. 

Oh and finally my health! It is still not 100% but I am slowly getting there, slowly but surely. I had an endoscopy about a month ago that came back all clear and I haven't been being as sick unless I get really stressed out so I'm trying not to do that to often. I am now booked in for another series of tests in the middle of September to see how fast my food is digesting, so hopefully this will give me the answers as to why my stomach is not quite right. 

But that's all I can think about to post at the minute. Jack's at work tomorrow, and I've got a lesson on Gatsby. I'll be back tomorrow with another post. I'm going to try to get in to blogging more often again but I won't make any promises. 

So until next time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. Thank you! :) still need to resolve a few problems but I do reallylikeit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been tested for celiac disease? Also my boss has this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroparesis which might be what they are looking for if they are checking the speed you digest things. I have my fingers crossed these tests give you a definitive answer. :)

    I wish I could help you with all of that stuff with Magic, but honestly everything is so different over there I have no idea... I am glad you're getting a farrier lined up immediately. Everyone around me seems to think it's okay to not trim them until they are three and start riding, but they need to be trimmed at a young age to prevent problems. I learned that the hard way with Chrome. I'd ask your vet about deworming. Weanlings have different requirements from adult horses.

    I still think it's really cool that Magic was born on the same day as Chrome. May 19th. So cool!

    Congrats to Jack on his job!! Oh and I'm glad your hand is better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...