Skip to main content

16. Victorious

Today has been a wicked day, I did not get to ride because my riding teacher was not very well but I did go on a long walk with magic. We walked from my stables to my house and back to the yard again.  In total it took one hour and 20 minutes, and it was a total of nearly four miles but it was so much fun. This is the first long distance walk that my boy has done and he was amazing.  He only spooked twice, and neither time was his fault both times it was because of idiotic drivers that decided to do 60 and 70 miles per hour past him and to say that pissed me off was an under statement. I've also lost 4 pounds since Thursday and  honestly I do not think that I could have done that without my fitbit tracker and app. It has been such a great motivation and today I have managed to get all my sections that I need in the green in the green. For years on and off I've tried different diets and different weight loss tablets, well this year I decided to just focus on myself, change my life style and just get myself back in shape. I feel that the key motivation for me to do this was and is magic.  I went to be able to give magic the best experiences possible whether it's in showing, day to dat things,basically everything and I do not feel like I could do this until I have lost weight.  Don't get me wrong I try my best for him at the moment but I know I can be better for him by sorting out my weight, which in turn will help me to sort out my health. For example how I am at the minute I would struggle to get magic to look his best in an In hand show. He is a big strong, powerful  horse, with a fast pace that at the minute some times I struggle to keep up with. In time I will get better.
As you can see other than the flights of steps everything's in the green zone this is the first time doing it and so motivating. 

In other news it has started snowing here, joys,Not!!! So being the nice horse mum I am I went up and rugged magic tonight and he was great, there was none of his silly antics, none of his spooking at the rug he just let me put it on him straight away which I was really happy about.  I am so proud of him, he's such a good boy at being handled, and he really does try his hardest with everything that I ask him to do. He doesn't always understand it the first time but he does try. Today is the first day that my baby has seen snow, and I don't know why but I find it so exciting!! Tomorrows the first day that his feet will touch snow and I can't wait to see his reaction but for now I'll leave you with some magic picture. Because I need some sleep. 
Excuse the state of me, id got two hoodies on and this poncho, so I look a little bit fatter than I actually am. By this point we were 10 minutes away from being home and magic, my mum and I were all knackered. 

As a reward for Magic being such a good boy after he dealt with something that scared him, I would then let him have a munch on some grass. He was such a clever boy about it and soon learnt that if he stayed calm about the scary things he would get a reward. Just one of the many reasons why I love my Pony.  

Until next time 
Amber and Magic

Comments

  1. Ahhhh Amber! I'm so sorry I haven't been by your blog in ages! I've missed reading it, and it's great to be back! Congrats on your decision to focus on you and make yourself the healthiest version of yourself that you can be! That's really amazing and I wish the best for that journey in your life. Also, Magic is SO CUTE! I just want to hug him :)
    - - July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya :), awww thank you for your lovely comments, magics my little super star, he really is my dream come true. It might take me a while to get where I want to get but it feels like there is something different about this time. I've said I'll do it before but this time I'm putting my all In to it. :) I'm so happy to see your comment.

    Oh p.s. magic gives the BEST hugs ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I giggled at your caption explaining your outfit, because my first thought when I saw the picture was cute outfit!! I like it. :D

    Magic is such a good boy. That is so cool that you can walk him all the way to your house.

    Keep up the great work with the exercise. Magic is your motivation, but it will make you feel better too! I've been feeling icky and I've decided to get back to exercising because I know that will make me feel better. Your posts are helping to motivate me too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...