Skip to main content

8. Tidying up and chilled days

Today has been a good day it has been long but good and to be honest with you I haven't really done a lot. This morning magic got fed and then left for a little bit to eat his food. I then went back later on and turned him out in to his field this was after he was a really good boy and picked up all four of his feet with out having to be bribed and blackmailed. He let me clean them out and then spray on firstly a spray that helps to repair damaged feet and then a spray of pig oil that the vet suggested to use to repel some of the mud and protect his feet a little bit when he is out in the field. I also gave him a good groom but tomorrow I think that he is going to have his legs properly cleaned as he is in all weekend and I like having a pretty looking pony.

I then went home and did the jobs that I needed to do for example, cleaning out my wardrobe of clothes that I do not wear and sorting through books that I have already read and then getting rid of them. I then just generally tidied my room up and after I had done that I remembered to put today's pennies in to my collection. So far I am on day 8 of doing the challenge and I haven't missed a day which is saying something for me as normally by now I've got bored of it and just can't be arsed.

I then went back and got Magic in and he was a very good boy, he came up to me as soon as he heard his name. Then let me put his head collar on straight away and waited patiently for me to open the gate and start our minute walk back to the yard. He is slowly starting to get better with traffic,but that is to be expected when he has to walk next to the road to get to his field and his field is right next to the main road. He got another quick groom and his feet done again before going back in to his stable for the night where he has got a nice big bed with three big banks, a big hay net, and his night time feed.

But for me it is now time to go to sleep and just rest before a busy day tomorrow and my first lesson of the year.

Until next time
Amber and Magic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...