Skip to main content

Happy New Year

Hiya everyone,

First of all I would like to say a massive Happy New Year from Magic and I. Last year was filled with lots of highs and a few lows but one of my main high points this year was finally getting my own horse. I can't lie and say it hasnt been challenging because it definitely has been but it has also been extremely rewarding! Seeing those big fluffy ears first thing in a morning, and hearing that little cute noise he makes when you get to the yard make all those horrid early mornings worth it!

Magic is doing really well he currently stands at 14.1hh on his withers and 14.2/14.3hh on his bum, he weighs just under 240kg and is just 7 month old he will be 8 months old on the 19th January. He's turning into a cheeky but very clever little horse. He picks up all four feet, walks quietly along the road to go out in his field, stands to be poulticed, everything I ask of him he is really happy to do.

Speaking of feet since getting more turn out his stifle is a lot better,he doesn't seem to lock it as  much and he seems a lot less stiff. However his front foot is still causing some problems it's been being poulticed for nearly 2 weeks now but is still oozing out puss. Its less sensitive to touch and he is happier walking on it now. He's finished his antibiotics and is not taking any pain killers anymore. I'm thinking another call to the vet isgoing to be needed but only time will tell.

Until next time
Amber rose and midnight magic.

Comments

  1. Happy New Year!

    I'm glad his stifle is doing better. Exercise is key. Also a lot of horses grow out of it, so don't worry too much about it. Not all horses continue to have problems with it like Chrome does.

    For the front hoof ask your farrier or vet about treating for thrush. I don't know if you can with an open, draining wound.... I use something similar, but cheaper, than White Lightning, but I have no idea what you guys have available over there. I hope it heals up quickly!!

    Getting a baby is extremely stressful, but in the end it is so rewarding! I'm glad you're enjoying him. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you too.

    Thank you its been tough but we are slowly getting there now. I love him loads but he does stress me out every now and then. He's worth it though that is for sure. He's a lot happier now he's getting more turn out time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...