Skip to main content

48. DAY Three

Well things with Magic are slowly improving, my mum did him this morning ad I was just in to much pain to be able to do it. I spent the day resting and to be honest, Jack and I spent the majority of the day, just chilling out watching TV and sleeping on and off. Then when jack woke up for his driving lesson I went up to sort the pony and I'll be honest magic and I had a little bit of a debate. I tied him up in the stable for a change and decided that I was going to brush him in there, I thought that this might help with the whole feeding issue.  I then put him outside while I cleared up his stable.

Then it was feeding time and to be honest I was dreading it, after the amount of pain I had been in all day I was tired and worried because I couldn't take another knock. But I went in there with a confident attitude. I made him wait for his food, and then put it in when I was Ready and I wanted him to have it. Then when I did put it in I left him and stood by the door I'd got my parelli stick. I then started just playing the friendly game and the explosion happened. He went boom so every time that he tried to kick out at me I tapped him with the parelli stick,we went to phase 4 of the parelli training.  Eventually we calmed down enough for him to let me near him. Then when he was happy with me being there i started stroking him and brushing him. After that I came out for a while, and was stood at the door talking to Lynn the yard owner. Magic was coming to the door and saying hello . I then moved on to putting his Haynet up and we went through the same scenario, but again I was stubborn and I showed him who was boss not him show me who was boss. It's time for me to step up and for magic to realise that he is no longer in charge. So once we went through the same situation, I gave him some fuss and attention and then just left him to it.

I spoke to Lynn and it looks like magic can go out sooner than we thought that he could do, which I am so happy with. Starting tomorrow he will be going out in the field in his on his own, it will all be electric fenced off at the weekend. But for now when the other horses come in he will be going out for a few hours. Then in a few weeks magic can go out while the others are out in there field and he will be in his field until he's gelded then he'll be able to go out with the herd. I'm so worried about him being bullied but I think that the way that we are working and doing it when he goes out with the herd that he will be fine. My boy really does mean the world to me.

I am so happy with the situation that he is in and the new yard is amazing. So much better than where magic was before, he's happy he is looking healthier.  He's having haylage which is filling him up and making him look good at the moment. It's just giving him lots more energy than he had before.  Magic is amazing he's got that spark back in his eyes and that is what makes me the happiest and makes me feel less stressed. I can now go home and not havery to worry about him, I know that he is safe and that he is content.  I know he's got a lovely lady keeping an eye on him and making sure that he's okay and that's all I need.  I'll straight up say that my head might be a mess but at the end of the day I'll be happy. Because my little boy is happy. Tomorrow I will carry on with his training and hope that he is okay I'm sure he won't likea it but eventually we will get the message through loud and clear.  But for now I'm going to go back to watching  the Mr play pool and hope to God that he wins this bet. Then I'm going to walk and get something to eat.  My life might not be perfect right now, I may not have the 'perfect pony', I may have my head issues but at the end of the day I am happy with the life that I've got. Yes I've got bad health both physically and mentally but the things that I do have at the moment are a bigger list and they are:-

  • My amazing horse, who it makes me really happy to see.  
  • A loving and supporting boyfriend that has done a lot for me. 
  • An amazing mum and dad that do the best that they can by me and finally. 
  • I know have a stable income. I might not be getting it the way that I want to get it but I've still got an income and a way to support my amazing little man and that is more than I can ask for. 
Yes I have lost things but at the end of the end of the day I have also gained things and maybe it is about time I stopped looking at the past and start focusing on the future. It might not be amazing but it's what I've got and it's what I am happy with so that's the way that I'll stay. And in the future I will keep on developing and growing, I will learn things, I'll make mistakes, people will come and go but at the end of the day the one thing I can always rely on to brighten my day is my midnight magic. My whole life i have been told this isn't possible and that's not possible, well actually they were all wrong because my dream that wasn't possible and I got told for years wasn't is now curled up in a nice comfy warm stable, where he's that happy and that's what gives me the motivation to go out and live the life that I want to live. I'm not perfect but I am me. So for now I'll leave you with this thought 

'DREAM AS IF YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER' because that dream could come true any day of the week. Mine came true on the 19th May 2015. It's onwards and upwards from here. :) 

Until next time 
Amber and Magic 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,