Skip to main content

77. Back to regular blogging.

Magic really does make me laugh, he's been doing things that are funny for the past few days. This morning when I went up to do his stable he was no where to be seen, so I did all the inside of his stable, got his feed ready for tonight, and still magic was no where to be seen. The next thing that I know I was doing his Haynets and I had just watched Lynn call all the horses and seen them come running up. I was in the middle of filling the Haynets when all I heard was 'oi what are you doing' so I shouted back to Jack to ask him what was up as all he was supposed to be doing was putting his Haynets in the stable, and as I had come out the area where the haylage is stored I looked to the left and stood there was magic playing with the feed bucket. Jack thought that he had escaped and then Lynn told me that she had let magic come up. So I grabbed hold of his head collar and walked him up to the stable so that I could carry on with filling the Haynets but after that I really couldn't stop giggling on and off all day.

We then went to see george and see how he had been getting on and spent time with shan and the kids. This evening I went to feed magic again and George came with me to meet him as jack and I thought that we could do him some Good by just getting out of ripley for a little bit.  I bought magic out and decided to give him a quick brush over, he was really good and he let me pick all four feet up happily. I then put him back in his stable and took his head collar off. When I had done that I went and got his food from his stable. The past few days I have gone to putting magic back in the stable before putting his food in. I did that tonight and he was really good, don't get me wrong he still gets impatient about getting his head in the corner feeder but I am sure that in time he will move in from this. I then carried on playing the friendly game with him while he was in the stable before quietly coming out of the stable.

Unfortunately things didn't go quite to plan today as I should have been having a lesson with Fiona so that she could see the new place and so that I could have a few tips on how to do more parelli work with magic. However last night I text her saying that I didn't think that I was going to be able to afford the lesson and she replied that she completely understood, and that she might have had to cancel anyway because Daniel had got an extremely high temperatures. They ended up ringing 999, and he got admitted to hospital last night and is still there..

Until next time
Amber and Magic

Comments

  1. Magic sounds like such a character :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he certainly makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes I hope Daniel is okay! Sorry your lesson got canceled.

    Your story about Magic made me giggle too. :D Is he doing well with getting his head collar off without shaking his head now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's much better at shaking his head less, he still has the odd day where he appears to get really impatient but that is normally when he is really hungry, i don't know i think he's strange at times lol.

    daniel is loads better know so i think it was just a bug that was going around and he just reacted badly to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...