Skip to main content

127. Horse filled day.

Today has been a really good day, even if I did wake up feeling like death warmed up. Unfortunately it feels like I have got tonsilitis again, it's the start of a new year and the start of a count down until I can get my tonsils taken out, but knowing my luck I won't have it enough times in a year. 

But anyway I rode a new horse this morning, I'm sure in my posts somewhere I will have mentioned Stan Kelly's horse, well today I got to ride him. He's 17.2hh I think and 15 years old. He is lovely to ride. He is slightly similar to ride to Gatsby but in other ways he is completely different. He's a lot easier to get in to an outline than I expected, once you really sit in to his saddle, and sit in to him he drops down. The key to riding him was not to use a lot of hand although to make sure that I got him off the right rein as he likes to grab it and try and hold on to it. When i first started riding him I didn't think that he was going to be that easy, but the more that I rode him the easier it was to get used to him. We only did walk and trot walk, but we did lots of work on serpentines and circles, getting him to become more supple and have more confidence in himself. By the time I got off him I was completely and utterly exhausted it but all the aching was definitely worth it. 


When I'd finished riding him it was time to go home and get casper and then go see my very own fur baby. Magic is now on night time turn out, so he's only in for a couple of hours during the day. So I took the opportunity to go and do some work with him, today we worked on walking and trotting in hand and doing small amounts of bandaging. Well that's what I said until I bandaged all four of his legs. He was really good and only complained once on his back leg so I was really proud of him. I then gave him a really big brush all over and after that I wormed him! I can't say that he was particularly the worlds biggest fan of having it done but I think that it worked out okay in the end. 
 

But for now i'm off to curl up with the Mr and the pup, and hope i'll feel better tomorrow. 

Until Next Time 
Amber and Magic 

Comments

  1. I hope you feel better soon!

    Those wraps are so cute on Magic!!!!! Adorable! I still haven't wrapped or put boots on Chrome. I'm curious to see what he would do. :)

    You look great on the new horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know what Chrome does, I expected Magic to be slightly excitable but he wasn't he was completely fine. He only tried to kick out one leg, so I was really pleased with him.

    Thank you I still love Gatsby, but Stan was a lovely horse to ride, so sweet and genuine and even though he was lots bigger I didn't feel really small on him, if that makes sense. Fiona said I looked good on him too which gave my confidence a boost.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...