Skip to main content

177. Mia and catch up time

Sorry guys for being MIA for a while I've only just managed to get proper wifi sorted in the flat up until Wednesday I had been using a dongle that my mum paid for and then on Wednesday I finally got a telephone line fitted and broadband. I started off by using talk talk, but they were telling me that it was 'normal for it to take 45 minutes for it to load one page'. So then I went in to town and connected to Virgin and as soon as it was fitted it was working straight away on some of the fastest broadband speeds that I've ever seen which was amazing. 

Magic is doing really well, he's turning into a lovely sweet horse. He loves being brushed and the other day he had his first proper bath, only for it to rain the next day and magic to end up rolling in the worlds biggest puddle ever. He came in looking like the worlds biggest mud monster ever. He's also getting loads better at picking his feet up, we still have lots more work to do on the back ones but he's slowly getting there. He's also been out for a couple of walks on the road with another horse which he's really enjoyed although he still needs to work better on pacing himself slowly. We haven't done much work with the bit recently as to be honest I just want to take things slowly with him and make sure that everything gets taken at his speed. 

My riding is also doing loads better, the other day I did some jumping with Gatsby. I had been riding with Stan but unfortunately he had an injury to his nose so he's unable to be rode at the moment. With Stan we have been working on going in to an outline and maintaing it and becoming more consistent. With Gatsby we worked on the outline with out stirrups and then we did some jumping (obviously with stirrups). We hadn't jumped in a while and were supposed to be staying in trot when approaching the fence but we ended up cantering into the fence instead, and I managed to really take control over the jumps which gave me a massive confidence boost. 

Casper is also doing really well, he comes to see Magic with me every day and normally while I'm brushing Magic Jack takes him out in the field and lets him let some steam off. He's finally started to put weight on although he still doesn't like being left in on his own but slowly he is getting more used to it. It's just going to take time and patience for him to move past whatever happened to him before I got him.

Jack's also got a new job, it's a delivery job for a company called Yodel. He gets the parcels delivered to my mums house in the morning and they can get there any time for between 8 and 9 in the morning. I then help him to create a list that is the order that the parcels need to be delivered in. After this my mum will then bring me home for me to catch up and do any jobs that I need to do and then Jack will deliver the parcels and meet me at home later that day. I've also started working more and more on improving my embroidery business as well as my photography business so I am sure I will have lots of fun updates for you in the future. 

But for now I'm exhausted so i'm going to curl up in bed and chill out and watch Netflix. I'm a massive fan of orange is the new black but I'm a series behind so think it's time for me to catch up on that! 

Until Next Time 
Amber, Magic, and Casper.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...