Skip to main content

Magic's 2nd day in his new home

It has been a while since I have posted on here but I thought it was the perfect time to restart the blog. So to start with I'll give you all an update on what's been going on over the years since I've posted and then I will be back to regularly posting and keeping you all updated on the world of magic. 

The first big change who I need to introduce is Jaxon, Jaxon is mine and Jack's 7 month old baby, he was born on the 7th July 2020. Part of this blog will be dedicated to overcoming the challenges of having a small child and owning a horse, even when everyone told me it was impossible to do. Jax has a best friend Bailey who is mums new 1 year old puppy and he has the best time trying to play with her. 
Of course Magic is one of Jaxon's best friends. 
Now for an update on Magic, he is doing really well, I can't remember if I ever told you, but he moved yards last year when I was pregnant with little man. Unfortunately this yard just didn't quite work out for us and due to pregnancy (which wasn't the easiest ride) Magic had an extended time off and then from December on Magic really started coming back in to work, he was working on a system that was two days of work, then a day off. However during the start of January an incident happened which led to Magic needing to move yards. Magic was then sent away for four weeks to be backed, as most of you will already know I had started sitting on Magic so the process had initially been started. Magic went to Elliott Betts at Betts Equestrian for four weeks. He worked wonders with Magic and in four weeks, I was on him and he was doing, walk, trot and canter, as well as hacking out alone and in company. 
A candid shot of Magic and me. 

So now Magic is at home and in a new yard and is settling in nicely. He moved to the yard on Tuesday and today was his first day of him being turned out. When he arrived on Tuesday I decided from the start that I wanted to set a routine for him to follow as he is now on a D.I.Y livery yard, so everything that needs doing for Magic is down to me to do with the help off Jack and my mum. So our routine is currently that I go to Magic between 8.30 and 9. On the days he is in I'll then ride him, muck him out and making sure he's got enough hay to last him for the day. Then in the evening I will go back between 4 and 5pm. Here he'll have some fuss and attention on the days that he can't go out, I'll skip him out and then give him his haynets for the night. I am trying to stick with working him in the morning and at the minute it is only for 30 minutes. 

Magic's 2nd ride and 2nd day in his new home. 
Then on the days that his out I still get there for the same time but then let him out in the morning. Once I've done this I will muck him out and then the stable is all ready for him to come into in the evening so all I have to do is feed him, make sure he's got a hay net and put him to bed. He still has his moments when he is a complete idiot, like last night when I turned him out in the school and he decided to act the idiot, he was running around, bucking, kicking and just being a bit of an idiot to be honest. But then when you did manage to get hold of him he was back to being his normal calm self. Today was the first day that he had been turned out in 7 weeks and he really surprised me. Instead of acting the twat he walked down to the field nicely, I let him off, he said hello to the horse in the field with him and then went off to eating his food. 

But for now I'm going to leave it there, and tomorrow I will get back to the regular updates. 

Bye For Now. 
Amber xoxo 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,