Skip to main content

photographs

Today I have chosen to use my riding pictures that my mum has spent taking for me over the years, and tell you a bit about each photo, I'm not sure how many photo's I intend to do at the start of this post but I will warn you all in advance that this could possibly be a long post with plenty of pictures of all the horses that I have the pleasure to ride, this will very from horse's that I have rode when I was young to horses that I still ride to this day like Jake.

Also to let you all know I will be posting pictures of some of my textiles work tomorrow so you can all let me know what you think and you can see what I have spent my time doing so far this summer holiday. Right on to the main part of my post PHOTOGRAPHS!

  First off is Gatsby, Gatsby is a horse that I have been riding since the beginning of January but that I have instantly fallen in love with and have been riding him ever since, this was the week before my last lesson when we were working on jumping a corse and making the right lines to the right jumps. Gatsby has brought my confidence on so much and is a horse that I hope to keep riding for a long time and get much more pleasure out of just like I have done with my jakey boo.
 Meet little lucy she lives at parkside stables and is one of the school horses, I have only rode Little Lucy a few times but the few times that I have rode her she has been rather enjoyable in this picture we were working on extending either walk or trot but from the position that I am I would assume that I was just doing in to trot. When on the ground lucy is a nightmare to control and she lashes out on everybody.
 This is Big T also known as tobias, he is now a old horse and no longer jumps anymore, but this picture is one of the last pictures that there is of Tobias being jumped in his later days, I later found out that I was the last person to ever jump him. He is an ex dressage horse, and is extremely good at what he does best, he is also the first horse to ever walk on to broomfield college's yard when it first opened. Tobias has built my confidence off so much and to be honest if I hadn't spent weeks riding him I do not think that I would be where I am now.
 You all know about Jakey boo and this picture but I love it so I put it in anyway Jakey boo I love you!
Meet wally, this horse gets on my nerves so much but in his own way he is a good horse to learn to ride on because he teaches you that you need to be persistent, that you can't just kick a horse and he will go. He is hard work, and damn annoying but is a great horse to learn on. I can say that I am rather happy to be riding him no more, but you never know in the future one day I might go back to riding the little guy. This picture is another last as it was taken last year in the summer and was the last time that I rode wally to this day. I really like it because it's a rare picture where he is actually paying attention and got his ears forward.
 Now you all know about Thomas I think if not head over to the 'Horses I ride' page, and take a look to find out more about him. This is another picture that was taken last summer however this picture was taken at Broomfield College and was one of the lessons that Nikki gave me because I was helping her out over the summer! Thomas is an ex hunter. He is great fun to jump even though he gets super excited at times! 

Well my arm's hurting so cant type anymore but I will make sure to post tomorow 

Until then 

A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...