Skip to main content

Gatsby's story part one

I know that I already posted today but I wanted to post about the first time that I ever met Gatsby, it was a friday and I had got time off school so after shopping mum took me up to broomfield college, I'd only wanted to see Tobias but when I was stroking him there was this gorgeous black horse tied up eating hay and kicking the side of the wall. The next time I went up I got a picture with Gatsby which I am so gutted about but unfortunately I haven't got anymore so gutted about that. That was when I decided that I wanted to ride him. My mum asked steph if i could ride Gatsby and the next week I got to ride him to say I was buzzing was an understatement.

I got on him and I haven't looked back since. The first time I rode him we were doing a dressage test that I hadn't practiced, didn't know and was trying to remember, I could just feel the gorgeous trot and nice even canter that Gatsby had. we came 4th in that test and I honestly think that if it wasn't for Gatsby I wouldn't have done that well. 

Then the week after I got to jump him I was buzzing I could just feel by the way he moved that he was going to love jumping and boy did he. I had to get used to the fact that with Gatsby you can't predict when he's going to take off and a lot of the time he takes off before he is supposed to but once I knew this it was something that I could work with something that I got used to. I got used to his willing to work nature, but this jumping lesson in particular is one that til the end of the day will always make me laugh we went to jump over the jump but Gatsby got excited and took off earlier, I landed oddly and lost my stirrup and Gatsby just kept cantering so I kept going with him while trying to find my stirrup when he stood still and stopped I don't think that I have ever laughed so much in my entire laugh. 

Here's the two pictures from the first time I rode a horse that I don't think I could live without! 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. How cool :) You guys make a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We have our moments when we don't see eye to eye but I wouldn't change him for anything :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome in that horse. Gatsby looks steady and calm. Looks like he's so confident to do his job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) he is pretty relaxed and chilled out, he loves what hes doing and hes given me so much confidence

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

45. The move

6.45am - I got woke up, I was not happy to be woken up, I'd been dreaming about this move the whole night and I was beyond exhausted. I didn't go to sleep until quite late and then I was up, I'd set out all my clothes the night before for me and Jack so that we could just get up in the morning and go.  7am - Got to the yard, NOBODY was there which was exactly the way that I wanted it to be. I mucked out his stable at the old yard for the last time ever. I made sure that the stable was really clean and that I hadn't left anything in it. I loaded up the last few things in the car and we were ready to go. I received a lovely text from my riding teacher saying good luck today and that she knew that I would be fine, this gave me a real confidence boost as my riding teacher knows me better than anyone (horse wise) and she believed in me. Along with my mum, dad and boyfriend.  Do you think we had enough hi-viz on I was taking no chance that magic was going to not be ...