Skip to main content

Watching the Horse and Country channel and it made me want to update!

Today's post might not be as interesting as others because what I planned to do for my post today I cannot do. I originally planned to put pictures on as todays post, the pictures were going to be things that I thought represented this time of the year for example the frost on trees making the trues look like they are covered in snow, the Christmas decorations for example our outside fiber-optic tree. 

So instead I decided that I would update my blog on something a lot more horse related, which I think you will all prefer. I have just finished watching the Global Dressage Forum and found one riders opinion quite interesting, although I am not sure of their name as I flicked on to this channel half way through the interview. The rider was saying that she thinks that picking a horse at three and deciding what their discipline is then is wrong, at three how can we say that a horse is meant to be a dressage horse, an eventer, show jumper or cross country horse? I kind of agree with her because we can say that they look like they could be good at dressage but they could be better at something else and we don't know until we try it and give the horse a chance to try it. What do you guys think? 

So far today I haven't done a lot I got up at about 10ish this morning and was going to go out and help my dad do some sweeping up and getting rid of the leaves, but by the time that I had got dressed my dad was just on his way back in. So I have just spent on time looking at your blogs, and catching up on anything that I have missed over the past couple of days. Now i am watching Derek Acorah's Show and it is making me laugh so I am going to go and watch the other half of that.

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. I agree...you can train most to do lower level at any discipline, but if you are looking for a higher level mount they need much more time to develop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly I think a horse needs the time to experience different disciplines before it's told what discipline is better for him, if it's not good for the horse he isn't going to be happy, and you'll get the best of the horse if they're doing a discipline that they will love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...