Skip to main content

2nd Day of the new year.

Well so far this year there hasn't been any riding yet but on Friday I am going to be doing an own a pony day on my favourite horse of all time Gatsby!  I have no idea what we will be doing but I plan on taking my camera with me so that anything I can photograph and mark the start of a new riding year and then on saturday i get to ride him again, and knowing how hard Fiona likes to push me I think we can safely say that by the end of the second day I'm going to be aching because I am only used to riding once a week. However sooner or later I'm going to have to get my body used to riding more than just for an hour on a Saturday and as weird as it is going to sound I can't wait for the hard work! It's going to be tough and a challenge for me with my stomach but to me it will be 100% worth it! 

So Today I have spent some time reading my horse magazine that I get a subscription to and spent some time on my laptop as well as finally doing some work on my final piece, I have now finished all the black and white pencil part of my picture and then tomorrow I am going to do the pencil crayon colourful part of the picture and then other than maybe some lace print in the background my final piece will be done and I will post a picture for you all to see so I can get your opinions! I have also spent some time working on my A2 Art Journal that is part of the course and is compulsory, we have to write about our personal project why we chose it and the process that we have been through, it is 2000 words and so far I have got roughly 900 words, so only another thousand words to go!

I have also made my Final university choices today and sent off my replies to UCAS! On UCAS you have to make a firm choice and an insurance choice and then you decline the other universities that offer you a place. So my Obvious Firm Choice was Derby University, this is literally 5 miles from where I live, allowing me to live at home, be close to my riding and close to, (when I have my own horse) my horse. These were all things that I needed to think about both when applying to different universities but also when making my Final choice. When I got the offer my mum let Laurie one of the guys who works on that course but is currently off poorly know that I had been accepted and he was happy and looked forward to working with me as I had the drive that I needed to do well. I then put my Insurance choice as Staffordshire university to do Photojournalism, as they were such lovely people and it is a place that I would have liked to go however it was further away and I had already fall in love and made my mind up that I wanted to go to Derby. Then I declined the offers that I got from DeMontford at Leicester and the other course at Derby as the people on that course and the course content in general just wasn't for me.

Well Thats all from me for now, at least I think it is, I'll probably think of something later that I could of put in that I will put in tomorrow. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,