Skip to main content

How the horse works series and a school day

Yesterday I did a post on Cushing's as it was an interesting thing to learn about but such a sad thing to, and I got some comments on it that made me think that I am going to do a series of posts, looking at horses' health, whether it would be main illness that are really well known or it could be laminitis (can't spell it sorry guys) or just facts to do with the structure of the horses digestive system and how it works. I don't know fully yet but it will be to do with horses health and how the horse works. How the horse works will look at different horse personalities, as I got a book a couple of months ago all about different ways that the horses mind works, and it is something that fascinates me and something that I think that people that are like me will also find interesting to! If I have time later I might do another post, that looks at one of the things that i have mentioned above but I am pretty tired tonight so I can't guarantee that one. But is there anything that you guys would like to know more about or ride more about? 

So on Sunday I am riding Gatsby, you gotta love that horse, and have been thinking that I would really like to do some canter work on him as the last time I did it, it didn't end how I wanted with Jaimie-leigh falling off and getting hurt (by the way she now has to go to Physio as she's still having problems with her shoulder). So the lesson kinda ended on a bad note with Gatsby because he was getting his way far too easily, and just stopping whenever he wanted to and not when I told him too. So if it is dry which has been the main problem since then, I am going to ask Fiona at the beginning of the lesson because she has said that even if Jaimie-Leigh didn't want to do something I normally would still be able to do that. For example Jaimie-Leigh doesn't jump but I like jumping so would still be able to do that and get my confidence back doing it. I am also considering asking her if we could do some pole work. 

On to how my first day back at school has been, well it felt far too long and far too tiring, at least I'll probably be able to sleep well tonight but I don't want to sleep before Eastenders is on because apparently loads is going to be happening on it and I just love watching it. My first lesson today was English which was just going over some of the themes in 'The Tempest' written by Shakespeare. We looked at old past paper questions and went in to detail about how to answer some of the questions. Then it was two hours of Art initially I was dreading this but by the end of the lesson I was quite happy, I then spend my lunch and my free working on my practical textiles, two hours of sewing beads on sent my hours funny. Then it was time for my actual textiles lesson and during this time I spent time revising for my retake textiles exam on Thursday. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream.

Comments

  1. The Tempest is my least favorite Shakespeare play....

    I'm looking forward to your new series of posts! Rest is important to keep from getting sick so get lots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like it that much I preferred Macbeth or A Midsummer Nights Dream!

    Thanks, I can't wait to start writing them, there's going to be a new page with links straight to the post so if people ever want to look at the posts after reading them once they're easy to find if that makes sense. I deffo need lots of rest todays made me feel so tired

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always ehading back to school or work. Lets pray the winter flys by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate first days, hopefully it will and the summer will be here and itll be time for a new start :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new series of posts sound great !! Good luck for your ride i hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Ruffles I am really worried about it but i really can't wait

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,