Skip to main content

Driving fun.

This morning I got to have a lie in, because the past week I haven't been sleeping well and I have been feeling tired 24/7 even though I have been sleeping quite a lot its strange. Today I went for a two hour drive my mum decided that the route I normally go on was becoming to easy for me to drive so she wanted to challenge me a bit more. I went to Matlock and on the way I remembered that today was the last day of the chatsworth horse trials. I thought that by driving through chatsworth I would be able to see the horses. Turns out that I couldn't as they were on the other side of the hall. It was so annoying. But I had a really good drive and the drive back was fun too. The route contained lots of bends and twists in it as well as lots of ups and downs, it really got me thinking about what gears I needed to be in and when I needed to change gear. I had a really good drive and enjoyed doing it. 

When we got in my uncle was nearly and so was a family friend to see my mum. So I couldn't reverse in to my space as I knew I wouldn't be able to get the right angle. So I left it parked on the first part of my drive. we then came in the house and I helped my mum to get the evening meal ready. We chatted with Martin for a while and then he had to go to get his dinner ready. We had our tea and I then decided that I would reverse my car in it took me a fair while but I eventually managed to do it. I wanted to get other perfect and that meant that I had to attempt it a couple of the times but I did eventually manage to do it. I'm really shocked that I can park on my drive because my older sister will never park on my drive and if she does she normally asks my mum to do it for her. 

Tomorrow I have a university meeting to do with my long term chronic pain its going to take up to two hours so it could be a fairly long day then in the evening I have my first ponyclub meeting. I am buzzing I can't wait for some more horse time and the chance to learn more things about horses. So tomorrow I will have a horse related post. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...