Skip to main content

Photo spam session 1

Well I got reminded last night that I don't think I ever posted on here the results from my dressage competition, I didn't manage to place in either of the tests but the good news is that in both of them I was one place of placing. I got 7th in both and even managed to get a '9' score on my first test. My riding was better in the walk trot test because I had a bit of a melt down in the second test because instead of focusing on what I was doing I was stressing about who was judging me however I didn't come last on either of them so I was quite happy. Gatsby was a star that day, I still need to put the videos on youtube but as soon as I have put them up I will post them here and you can let me know what you guys think. 

These are just a couple of photographs that were taken at the show, these are my two favourites and the one at the top is even my laptop screensaver, after having done one show I have realised that I would love to do another one. But first I want to lose some more weight. 
Now on to some more riding photographs, I haven't really posted much recently with everything that has been going on and to be honest I've annoyed myself by getting this far behind again, so while this post is going to be full of photographs I am going to get back to posting more regularly. 

The first lot of photographs are from my ride two weeks ago, they were taken by my mum and Jack and this is where we decided that I can ride better without stirrups. At the minute our theory is that when I ride with stirrups to try and support my hip I brace my leg against the stirrups which means that I end up pushing my position ever so slightly out of place. So we took my stirrups away to see what happened and we did work in the walk, trot and even small bits of canter, all though I can't say that i am the worlds biggest fan of the downwards transitions. The photographs should show up the slight differences in my position and while they are not overly obvious they do make a big difference. 



This photo doesn't show my position very well but I think that Gatsby looks pretty cool and shiny so I thought that I would include it anyway.

This is just to show my position with my stirrups as you'll see it's not the worlds best and i'm not very happy with it, my arms and legs are wrong, although my leg doesn't look to bad here but you can see the tension through my left side. 

Here Fiona was showing me the feel that I need to have down the reins with Gatsby as sometimes I am not quite firmer enough but it's something that we will slowly improve on. 

Again this was just to show you guys what happens when I have my stirrups. 

Because my boy took a wicked photograph of Gatsby and I really love it so I thought that all you lot needed to see it too. 


Riding without stirrups, the main thing I need to work on when doing this is keeping my toes up. however I felt that this photo and the photo below show how my hips aren't quite straight as you'll see that my left leg appears slightly tighter and shorter than my right. 


This is when we started riding Properly see Gatsby you can work in an outline you just didn't know it!


Again much easier to sit the trot when I had actually put Gatsby together and got him working in an outline.






I'm not quite sure what was going on here other than we were doing some canter work Gatsby seems to have a massive stride when you look at this but sitting it it doesn't feel that big. 


The part that I am not very good at (I'm 99% sure that this is what this is anyway) coming down from canter back to sitting trot with no stirrups. 









Well I think that i have spammed you guys with photographs enough for one day, or at least enough for one past I might decide to post again later but for now I'll leave you with one lessons with off photographs, feel free to let me know what you think about my position or just any comments you have you know I love hearing from you guys! So until later (when you'll have more photographs).

AmberRose A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your first show! The pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two look so pro in the show photos!!! I'm glad you had fun! :D

    I love all of these photos! You look great!! I do the exact same thing where I brace against the stirrups. I actually ride better bareback than I do in the saddle haha. Does your hip feel better without the stirrups? Oh and I rarely keep my toes up while bareback or without stirrups. It just never crosses my mind while I'm riding lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a wicked time at the show, and it's definitely something that one day I would love to be able to do again!

      I'm trying riding bareback soon, I should have been trying it the saturday just gone but unfortunately my riding teacher was not very well so it got cancelled. My hip feels 100% times better without my stirrups and I feel that I open up better at my hips without them if that makes sense. I don't think about it either lol but Fiona just shouts at me going 'toes' and i'm like oh yea!

      Delete
    2. At least we give our instructors plenty to shout about hehe. That's so interesting that your hip feels better without stirrups. It makes sense really. I can't wait to read about/see you riding bareback!

      Delete
    3. my instructor loves me, she's nearly always shouting 'toes', 'shoulders back', 'elbows in' or 'sit on your bum'. It makes me laugh cause most other things she doesn't come on, unless she's being a perfectionist that day (most days lol).

      i'm going to get my boyfriend to take photographs for me of my bareback riding lesson and my mum to record some videos' for my youtube account so they will both end up on here.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,