Skip to main content

141. Midnight Magic is now one and VIDEOS.

Well those of you that know me and have got me on Facebook will have seen that on the 19th May Magic turned one and he got a birthday present, well it was a present for me but it meant work for him. He also got two small likits for his swinging ball as I'm finding these really hard to be able to find and buy at the moment. Apparently there is a problem with manufacturing at the moment. I bought Magic a 5inch happy mouth snaffle bit with a lozenge in the middle. I then decided that his birthday would be the start of his training, so I went up to the stable bought him in and gave him a really good brush. After this I decided to put his bit in for the first time, I connected two pieces of bailing twine to the bit and put it in. I made sure to stand at his left shoulder and put it on as if I was putting a bridle on him. I then connected the bailing twine to one of the metal loops on his head collar to hold it in place using a bow. I kept it in for a few minutes and then took it out again. 
Happy chilled out boy.
The next day I gave Magic a day off, I bought all the horses in for Lynn as she was not feeling very well. So after doing this I just fed Magic and gave him a good brush. I then gave him his food and cuddles before leaving him to it for the day and then Lynn put him out later on. 
walking around with the bit in to get used to it.
Yesterday we tried again with the bit. We followed exactly the same process and this time Magic just stood there. He didn't overly chew and stood happy and relaxed so the next thing that I did was walk him around while he had the bit in his mouth (I've got a video of this). I didn't connect the lead rope to the bit and instead chose to keep it connected to his head collar. I then tied him back up again and chose to hold his feed bucket near to him and let him eat while he had the bit in his mouth. It took him a while to figure out what to do but once he had got it figured out he was fine. I then took the bit out and put the rest of his feed in his stable. 

Magic chilling quietly and happily with his bit in his mouth.
This morning I went up to see Magic and decided to do something different, I bought him in from the field and gave him a  really good brush as you could tell that he had been rolling and he was completely and utterly ditched. I then put his hi viz rug on and Jack and I walked him to the pub while jack walked Casper. We then stopped to have a drink, before turning around and walking back. On the way back we saw the ice cream van so we stopped and had an ice cream. Magic was really good on the road. He got slightly freaked out by the cars but once he got used to them it was fine and in the end he walked nicely and calmly even trotting on when asked to. He was really good until we got back when he decided to get arsey and wanted to rush to do anything to get his food. So i popped him back in his stable and left it at that for the day. 
First time ever having a bit in his mouth, and his first birthday! 
If anyone has got any suggestions on things to start doing with Magic now that he has turned one then please do let me know. Also if you have any ideas of how to improve my bitting progress then please feel free to comment. Oh also see below my video of the second time Magic had a bit in his mouth. I have also created a new youtube channel where I will keep all the records of work done with Magic, this will only have Magic on it, as I still have my other youtube channel that has all my riding videos.



Until Next Time 
Amber and Magic 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...