Skip to main content

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see.

Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I always do and took all his tack off and when he still wasn't settling down I knew that something wasn't quite right. When he eventually let me close enough to look at his chest I saw that he had actually cut himself at some point, it looked painful and serious, so my mind went in to a panick and then I calmed down and spoke to Fiona who told me what to do. We cleaned the wound, put some aliminuim wound spray on to it and then some Dermisol to help it start to heal. I sat in the stable with him for about 30 minutes and when I realised that he had calmed down enough to get on with going out in the field. So I popped him back out in the field.

I then had a chilled out evening and a good nights sleep with the plan to go up to the stables this morning early on and lunge sparky for lynn possibly lunge magic and maybe ride Derry, but when I got there none of the horses came in so I decided to go home and chill out for a little bit and just play on my playstation. Eventually at about 3pm all the horses came in so I rang my mum up and she took me up to ride Derry. I had already decided that I wasn't going to lunge Magic because he looked tired today and I wanted to give his wound time to properly heal so that I wasn't doing to much and damaging him more.

Once I woke Derry up I had a really nice ride on her, she was stubborn (but then what mare isn't), she worked briefly in an outline, she was arsey, but she was nice. I always feel like I learn something new and it's safe to say that the pair of us were tired after our ride. After we had done 20 minutes schooling we then went for a ten minute walk down the road with mum walking with us as a way to cool down and we got back just in time for her and magic to have treats and then them all to be turned out.

I then had BHS tonight where we worked on Lunging and learning to lunge with side reins on as this is something that we will need to do in the exam (which is just under a month away). We had a play with Pumpkin and I learnt lots of new bits that I didn't actually knew. I asked if I should postpone my test as I know that Lucy is thinking about doing hers later and Fiona told me not to so three weeks and counting and then it will be test time.

I am now off to watch Teen Mom 2, before heading to bed.

Until Tomorrow
Amber Rose

Comments

  1. I'm so behind. What test are you taking?

    Poor Magic! I'm glad it's not serious and that you were able to figure out what had him worried. I hope the cut heals up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking my BHS exams at the moment, I did my stage one before Christmas, to become a qualified groom, with the plan to eventually take the other sections and become a riding instructor. I am currently doing the training for my stage 2 care.

    I know so glad that magic was okay! he is a good boy, it's just knowing him to know what's wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting!! I do think I remember you mentioning that before. Sorry I forgot. It will take me a bit to remember everything after such a long time away. I'm excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, I'm the same and it's understandable that it will take a while to remember all the bits! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,