Skip to main content

Chinese for tea on a cold winter evening

I officially hate this time of the year, I'll change that I love this time of the year I just hate the weather at this time of the year, it's so cold everywhere even in my house! The warmest room in my house is my bedroom so it has got to that time of the year again where I have decided it is time to hibernate in the evenings the only problem with this is when my room is nice and toasty and warm it makes me want to fall asleep. 

For those of you who don't know last year we had a new boiler fitted as our old one broke, at least it broke during the summer not during the winter! But the new boiler that we have got is far too small for the size of house that we have. We were told that it would be the right size and its not! It heats up the sitting room fine the majority of the time (that's the middle section of our home as we live in a bungalow) but what it feels to do is heat up one part of the house. This part of the house is always freezing cold, even if we turn the heat down everywhere else its still cold and the only other time that it has ever been hot is when we don't need the heating on! Confusing or what? At the same time last year I had a new radiator put in my room so frequently my bedroom can be the warmest room that we have got in the house. 

Tonight my brother had his hair cut, he has thick curly hair that wasn't even that long but guess what? It took them an hour to do his hair and the hair dressers was freezing! I couldn't feel my fingers by the time we left and now an hour later I am only just starting to feel warm again, mum dropped me off and then took my bro to get some new trousers and on the way back bring a chinese to save her a job once she gets in! I LOVE Chinese it has to be one of my favourite type of foods and the best bit about Chinese food it involves chicken too my second favourite thing to eat!

Well so far there has been nothing horse related happening yet this week other than reading my favourite horse magazine of all time at the minute which is... 'HORSE' magazing, I plan to finish reading it tonight and then when I have finished reading it I am going to pick a topic from it that I feel strongly and do a post about it. The best thing about today theres only two more days til I get to ride Gatsby!

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. I feel 'ya on the cold house thing...

    I'm living in a little trailer until I build my house. There's no heat other than electric space heaters. When it really gets cold I have to layer up and get under the down comforter.

    Two things that help are sealing off your windows on the inside with plastic sheeting if they are drafty, and putting a large pot of water on the stove on low heat. Oh, and think warm thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww bet you can't wait to build your house, you must be really feeling the cold :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!!
    Wow, while I was down and out in my area, and not blogging...I got some new followers!
    Thanks for signing up to "Follow/Lead/Share"!!

    Your blog is beautiful and I see that you have many buttons for places to go read about your life and journey to horse ownership! Very cool blog!

    I agree with Christian(above) plastic sheeting on the windows will help you out. This is our first year to do it and WHY?? We never did it before?!! We also FREEZE our *buts off* in winter since we can't afford the costs of heating furnace oil right now and this 1904 house is old and cold.
    We also invested less than 100 dollars for a couple Radiator type oil heaters. They are great!

    I shall return AmberRose...to read of the dreaming!

    KK w/Washashe mare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya,

    Your Welcome I loved your blog :).

    Thank you, I try to make my blog helpful to others as well as look good and simple for people so glad to see its working :D

    Will deffo have to try the plastic sheeting on the windows, are boilers awful and with the price of oil my mum tries not to put it up too high is everything is just so expensize.

    Look forward to seeing you in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti

possible broken hand x3.

hiya guys well it's been a few days and I was planning on updating you all today. Unfortunately I won't be able to go in to as much detail as I want to because I am having problems typing because it looks like for the third time I have broken my hand again!  In the exact same place, how rubbish is that? But they can't tell me because it will not show up for another two weeks on an X-ray so at the minute it's back in a splint and I've got to go back to hospital in two weeks.  Well Saturday I got to ride Gatsby again. We have been working on getting him in to an outline more consistantly but it took me seeing Fiona riding Pumpkin Pie for me to know what it was that I needed to do for Gatsby to work properly in to an outline. We got some really good work in the walk and trot (I have got pictures) and slowly we are starting to get it in the canter as well but by the time we move on to canter I tend to feel quite tired and weak on my left side. We did an exercise th

Hello strangers!

 Wow it feels like a life time ago since I updated my blog let alone since I actually started first writing this blog. So many things have changed and I’ve kept thinking about restarting this but every time I think about doing it life gets in the way and before you know it I just haven’t done it.  So where do I start, how about with the big fella himself. My midnight magic is now 8! He has a heart of gold and after a particularly rough year is definitely coming out of the other side. Magic is a jumping lover and if you let him pick I think that’s all he’d ever do. He’s spent a lot of time working on his flat work which in the long run has really helped to develop his jumping. Last year magic suffered a horrible injury, he damaged his suspensory ligament on his front left leg and on the same leg damaged the collateral ligament that goes to his coffin joint, unfortunately for him he had a pretty bleak prognosis, with only a 30% of being even field sound. With a little bit of luck, blood,