Skip to main content

First Day Complete

Today has been a good first day working at my stables, I'm getting paid £6 an hour, and working for two hours a morning, this morning I mucked out the boys stables, it's a row of five. I did everyone but Gatsbys because Gatsby's stable was completely and utterly ditched. So Fiona went out to get him some Aquamax bedding. Then I helped Fiona to bring the horses in. It was a really good morning and I felt loads better after being there and working. Just before I was about to leave fiona asked if it would be possible for me to work Thursday mornings as well, so tomorrow I am back at the stables again but this time it'll be from 8am until 10am. I'm getting paid weekly and all the money that I make is being saved up and going straight back in to my savings account. I'm loving spending so much time at the stables, I feel that it is helping to improve my health and help me lose weight. 

Anyway I'm curled up in my bed with my nephew so I'm going to leave you with this cute picture.
My favourite nephew hugging my favourite child hood toy, Smokey the cat! 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. Your blog is Haynets Blog of the Day today! Come and take a look: http://www.hay-net.co.uk/haynet-news/7686/equestrian-blog-of-the-day---the-way-to-heaven-is-on-horseback

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nephew is so cute! I'm glad you're enjoying working at the stables. I loved working at a dressage stable. I definitely got in shape with all the walking and stall cleaning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the experience, it got me out of the house and made me have something to focus on, it's something I will never forget and am currently in the process of applying for another dressage stables job.

      Delete
    2. Yay! Fingers crossed! I hope you get it!

      Delete
    3. Thank you i'm just sending my cv in to them now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...