Skip to main content

jumped Gatsby Again :D

Jumping Gatsby, to start with we warmed up making sure that we did work in our light seat as well as just riding as if we were going to be doing flat work. This benefited the horses as it got them used to the idea that they were going to be jumping! Of course I was buzzing because I had my 17hh wonder GATSBY! He was once again perfect and helped me over some of the jumps and turns that I was not quite sure about. We then did some work over one pole and after this changed the pole in to a cross jump and went over that several times, just to warm the horses up and have a feel for what each horses jump was like! 

After this we started doing work on a course, there was 8 jumps in total all of which were cross poles and we did work going over, several of the jumps individually. We then walked the course so that we knew where each jump was, and in what order/how we needed to approach each jump. First to go was me, and to start with Gatsby was a little bit not lazy but not having the most energy because we had just cantered round the school what felt like 10 times because Gemma wanted all three riders to canter at the same time. Gatsby did not stop cantering but everyone else did! so we had to keep going. The second time doing the course we made sure to do plenty of transitions, walk to canter, trot to canter, canter to walk. Then jumped it again and although he fell back in to trot a couple of times he was much better off now that we had done the transitions. We then linked three jumps together, it was like a grid except that it was on a bend! 

Here are the pictures I hope you enjoy

Love A Girl With A Dream













Comments

  1. I just love your blog and have been reading about the different horses!
    My mother bought me my first horse (who i still have) when i was 11 for Christmas. :))) you'll get your horse! I'm def going to be keeping up with your blog. I'm a western rider, so all these jumping and dressage pics are awesome! i know nothing about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww glad that you enjoy reading it, I don't update as often as I like after my fall, but am going to try and post more especially pictures :P was really inspiring to hear about your first horse :)

      Xxx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an awesome ride :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys look great!! Awesome pics

      Delete
    2. Was really good thanks, I love every ride on this big fella :) thank you :) xx

      Delete
  3. You and Gatsby look awesome!
    Good boy for cantering the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) he was wonderful , got lazy towards the end but I don't blame him with how much cantering we did xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...