Skip to main content

pictures of gatsby

hey everyone as promised after I updated my blog last time I said I was going to put some pictures up so here they are, hopefully you'll all be able to see how much better Gatsby looks now than he used to look.

Gatsby looking all shiny, this horse is a miracle worker, the first time I rode him was in the pitch black, cold, freezing my butt off in Broomfields new indoor school, and we did a dressage competition together. From the first time I rode him I knew that he was doing to be a horse that I get on with, and now here we are 7-8 months later and I'm still riding him, I even changed schools to ride with him. I trust this horse 100%

Cleaning his muddy legs so hes all shiny everywhere.

Stroking Gatsby he has one ear forward and the other back, he really doesnt like people near his face and his ears, but he trusts me not to hurt him and I never will.

Gatsby is the Centre of attention :') Looking good

'Real Amber don't you have enough pics of me' he was being mardy because I was trying to get the mud out of his main and it didn't want to come out :(.

I just LOVE this picture!

Trotting with a Gatsby, just need to work on getting my leg to stay in the right place, I will get there eventually.

My riding teacher showing us how to get a horse to work in an outline something I had never done until riding where I ride now, and while it's one of the hardest thing to get your head around. I think eventually I'll figure it out.  



Until Next Time
A Girl With A Dream
xxx

Comments

  1. Gatsby is gorgeous!!!! Black is my favorite color in horses and I have a soft spot for horses like him with a star and snip. I used to ride a horse that looked just like him and I still miss him! What breed is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you :D The first time I saw him at broomfield i was like OMG he's so pretty and then they said I could ride him and i was just buzzing. awwww i know what you mean. He's an Irish Draught, and is 16.3hh I think. He's loads of fun to work with :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...