Skip to main content

My Dream Barn

So the other day I saw someone who did a post like this and thought why not, I might as well do one, even if I can't afford it I can still day dream, right? 


My dream barn would be open and spacious, I love the wood look and how natural it appears to be but can also look really fancy/sophisticated. I also like the idea of the stables being in a U shape with doors and windows facing inwards so all the horses can see each other. I love the stable image above, I love how lit up they are the wooden look to them and the way the stable doors are. I'd also like it so that some of the stables had runs going out the back so that the horse could choose whether to be inside or outside. I also really like how the bottom of the stable walls are a stone wall. 



If the stalls were inside I'd love them to look like this, I again love the wood look but I also really like how open everything is. I like how everyone can see everything and how it has the chance for the horses to go outside. I love how light and bright it is. Even on the U shape stall idea that I love I'd love it to have doors like this, obviously not the walling because it provides no protection from weather conditions but I love the doors. 


I would want this riding school, it's an outdoor arena that can fit three dressage test school areas in at once, it can be used for jumping and dressage, has judging boxes around the arena so that you can hold competitions, it has enough room to be used as a good show jumping course, but it doesn't provide much shelter from the weather and living in the UK this is important but for the nice sunny summer days and evenings this would be perfect. 


This would be my ideal indoor school, it's open, it's bright, has good lighting, is spacious and continues with the wood effect that is running entirely through my barn. I love that it has a viewing area for family members or new livery horse owners and potential riders to be able to come and watch, I just love everything about this indoor school. It would be perfect for chilly spring mornings and cold winter nights. If only I had unlimited money ! 


I love this tack room, obviously things would need to be lower to the ground as I am small but I like that it's an open area. It's an area that you could chill out and talk while cleaning tack or have a cup of tea after a lesson or good ride. It's open and it's light and it continues with my wood theme. I like that the central area is the main area to chill in and have fun. It might be smaller than this and more square but it would still be open. 


Another view of the stables, these would definitely be my dream stables! I also like how in the distance you can see the house, so even if it's not you that lives there, their is someone that is always on the yard near the horses so that if anything does happen you can get there quickly and sort it, I like how the house is quite light and open as well. These features are definitely the key features to my dream stables. 

Obviously I've missed things like the feed room and hay barn but that's because at the minute I don't know what I want them to look like these images are the main things that come to mind when I think of my dream barn, they may not be to everyones liking but to me they are perfect. I'd also want lots of areas to be able to sit and talk or to just chill out and watch the horses out in the fields so that it's like a big family. Because I think a good atmosphere and good relationships with people at the barn is one of the most important things. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. I need to do this post too. My dream barn would look so different from all the ones I see from everyone else. Small... 4-6 stalls... more concern with the pastures and run-ins and arenas than the barn itself. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I would be tempted to move in with the horses! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd want to live in the stables but if there was a house to match ;) I just love the wood theme, if money wasn't an issue I would love to do this. but I love my stables because of the friendships and relationships

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg... i want to move there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Designing a dream barn involves balancing the practical needs of equine care with a passion for equestrian lifestyle, creating a sanctuary for both horse and rider. In the fast-paced world of digital entertainment and sports analytics, having access to cutting-edge tools like cbtf 247 ensures that you never miss a beat during the live action.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...