Skip to main content

Lino Prints and bright hair colours.

So today was my day at university where I have two different modules in one day, busy but fun. The first one is the creative skills one, with this one we got to see the previous years sketch books as well as more advanced sketch books. After we had done this we had a short break and then roughly an hour until our lunch time so I did some photo shop work changing the colours of my hair. My main theme for the project is masks but I also want to incorporate the use of bright colours as well as possibly the use of black and white. 

I'd love my hair this colour! It's like a cherry pinky red colour! 

Not so sure about this colour but it did the job! 
I also quite like this colour for the photo but there is no way that I would ever do it that colour! 
 Then it was lunch time and Charmaine and I went for lunch at McDonalds. McChicken Sandwich what more can I say, love that stuff! Then we went to Hobby Craft I needed to pick up some things for this afternoon but it was also nice to just have a look and see what they had got in. Compared to the last time that I went they had got more things in. 

Then this afternoon we did some Lino Prints, I didn't find them that hard to do but I think that it helped that I did Collograph Prints for my Art GCSE and the two processes are fairly similar. So it was interesting to do we did the majority in black and building up the prints by printing it once and then cutting away some more and the process just kind of kept repeating it. We also got to use purple ink and got showed how we could use gradient inks (two inks rolled together) so if we want to do this again in the future we are able to do it. 

This evening I've done a bit more work and also started the process of backing up all my photographs. I have a lot of photos on my mac, and while I have them copied on to CD's my mac doesn't have a CD Drive, so they're fine for being used on other computers just not mine. Then mum found this usb memory stick called a picture viewer! They come in four different sizes and can store up to 4,000, 8000, 16,000 and 250,000 photographs depending on what megapixel your camera is. I bought the 8,000 and because my photo's are done in a higher quality (more megapixels) I was only able to put roughly 3,000 photos on to it instead of 8,000. So I've now bought the 16,000 one that should finish of transferring my photos. The best part about it is that as long as I take the usb stick with me wherever I go and if there is a computer, I can plug it in and be able to see all my photos. It's small and easy to carry. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. That's cool that all your photos are now on a usb stick! I love the colors you did with you hair. They look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know it's great means I can open photos where ever I am without having to carry my mac around xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

45. The move

6.45am - I got woke up, I was not happy to be woken up, I'd been dreaming about this move the whole night and I was beyond exhausted. I didn't go to sleep until quite late and then I was up, I'd set out all my clothes the night before for me and Jack so that we could just get up in the morning and go.  7am - Got to the yard, NOBODY was there which was exactly the way that I wanted it to be. I mucked out his stable at the old yard for the last time ever. I made sure that the stable was really clean and that I hadn't left anything in it. I loaded up the last few things in the car and we were ready to go. I received a lovely text from my riding teacher saying good luck today and that she knew that I would be fine, this gave me a real confidence boost as my riding teacher knows me better than anyone (horse wise) and she believed in me. Along with my mum, dad and boyfriend.  Do you think we had enough hi-viz on I was taking no chance that magic was going to not be ...