Skip to main content

Grey horses

Up to today I always said that I would never want a grey horse, but today I was sitting looking at 'horse' magazine and there was a pretty picture of a 7 year old Dutch Dressage Gelding that was 17hh that is was Breed from a top German Stallion!

So now I am sitting here looking at this horse thinking maybe I could have a grey horse because there is something that has drawn me to this horse and i dont know what it is, i would not say the colour because i don't normally like grey's but maybe that is because of the fact that they get so dirty so easily who knows not me?

Another thought that I have had was this its to do with the age of horses now i am not saying that we should ride horses until there last minute when its hurting them but I think that if its not hurting them and they enjoy doing it then what is the problem with it, it got me thinking when i read in 'horse' magazine that a horse at the age of 28 after 10 years off is eventing again! IS THERE REALLY ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS WHEN THE HORSE OBVIOUSLY ENJOYS WHAT IT DOES? yes if the horse was in pain it shouldnt be kept in work but i dont think theres anything wrong with it when they enjoy it and it doesnt cause them pain

That's all for now
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. thats amazing! i dont see the problem as long as its not hurting the horse in them doing it if its hurting them then yes its better to stop but if theyre not and love it keep going!

    i know i think thats what puts me off grey horses so much i think they are stunning when they are clean but they nearly always show up dirt to a certain extent black horses show up all the light marks xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...