Skip to main content

1st December - Riding Gatsby

I can always say that when I ride Gatsby it is never boring, and we always manage to have fun well yesterday was no different I got there at half past to tack him up and loved to see that he had been clipped, he looked amazing and so handsome, but was grumpy to say the after being sedated to be clipped on Friday. He had his face done like a blanket clip and then all his body clipped just leaving his legs and had his feathers trimmed. He looked supers smart. I groomed him up and tacked him up, then Elaine said that he would need an exercise sheet on.

We started warming up and did pole work, well the minute that Gatsby noticed the pole that was it he was so excited as it is something that he loves to do! Eventually we calmed him down and got him relaxed going over the pole, then when asking him to go in canter he decided hed jump the pole (it was flat on the ground) buck and then run as fast as he could. We then decided that we would calm him down and do some sitting trot work and then try cantering again this time it was much calmer when we picked up canter but he didn't want to stay in canter. We ended up taking the exercise sheet off him because it was aggravating him, poor guy got a little bit cold after that! Then we tried again and he was still super excited we put it down to the fact that he had been clipped the day before and was still grumpy and not happy to have been clipped, but there was also something aggravating him as i could see his muscles none stop twitching almost like when a fly is aggravating him. After we had him calm and his head in a relaxed position we then started doing some three loop serpentines (still in sitting trot)

Okay so now heres a few pictures for you.












 The rest of these photos are taken after Gatsby decided that he didn't like the exercise sheet and that it would be more fun to just jump over the pole and run as fast as he can do, can't say that I blam him as it has been a while since he has been jumped. Fiona got to keep the rug and Gatsby was made to calm down and chill out.


 Until Next Time A Girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. Gatsby and you look so good together.
    He looks really good with his new clip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thank you :) I Love his new clip he looks so different x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber,
    This is such a great post! What a good horse Gatsby is! You are very observant to see that he was twitching a bit- there was something bothering him. I always fell deeply in love with all the school horses I rode- I couldn't help it-horses that we ride for lessons are some of the best horses anywhere!! After taking lessons for over five years, I had the opportunity to buy my school horse, Buckshot, since they wanted to put him in semi-retirement. I bought him and have loved, loved, loved riding him ever since, for five years. I wouldn't trade my years of lessons for anything. In fact, I still take lessons, on Buckshot since where I board him the owner is s terrific riding instructor. Great post about you and Gatsby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jan :)
    I love Gatsby to pieces when he was at his previous yard I used to ride there and if anyone couldn't find me they would look in Gatsby's stable and find me sat on the floor talking to him. Thank you for the compliments :) We were all nervous when I got on because of him being sedated the day before but thought he would be okay but he let us know that he wasn't happy, I even ended up getting off to check his feet cause he was stamping about to but they looked fine, so we are not really sure. All though he's a school horse I don't think any horse will replace how much Gatsby means to me, I feel so lucky to ride him. I cried when I thought I'd never see him again. But now I've found him again and I love every minute at my new yard :) Thanks for commenting x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...