Skip to main content

A Lesson From A Horse.

The other Day i was reading a post called 'Because of a horse' on The Equine Experience Blog and thought that it was something that I would do because over the years I have learnt a lot from different horses, and I could probably say that without my riding I would not be the same person that I am now and I thank every single horse that I have rode even those that at times I've hated riding. So here goes these are the things that I have learnt 'Because of a horse' 

  1. Because of a horse I've broke more bones than I would have and damaged more ligaments, but the pain has been eased by just being able to groom or stroke these beautiful creatures even when I couldn't ride.
  2. Because of a horse, I have more bookmarks than I can count on firefox and the majority of them are to do with anything horse related.
  3. Because of a horse, I have improved my balance and to a certain point worked through the pain barrier of my stomach and gone from not being able to do any sports to riding every weekend, and become more active. 
  4. Because of a horse, I can say that I have a team mate that is so much bigger and more powerful than me but I know that with the right riding we can work as a team and NOT two separate objects.
  5. Because of a horse, I know that when I get nervous other people will around me but most importantly that the horse who trusts me will get nervous too. 
  6. Because of a horse, I know what it's like to truly love something else whether it be Gatsby or Jake. 
  7. Because of a horse, I've learnt that when I am riding not to give in to my problems but to be patient and persist and by doing so I can over come problems that at one point where huge to me. 
  8. Because of a horse, I've learnt what it feels like to repeatedly hit the floor when he gets nervous and I panick.
  9. Because of a horse, I know that they put trust in us and we trust them and without that bond you will never get the true magical feeling of riding. 
  10. Because of a horse, I have more confidence than I used to.
  11. But most importantly Because of a horse, I have found a hobby i love more than anything, a sport I could spend hours working to improve, I have a best friend in an animal that is 10x my size, but most of all I have had endless hours of fun and a horse I can honestly say I trust my life with. 
Until Next Time
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. Very nice post, it's always good to remember what they have given us, good and bad and in between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :), I just thought so many times I ride and probably take it for Granted how much my horse trusts people to ride him x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! They do teach us so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...