Skip to main content

Good news on a cold morning.

So as I am sure you all know today I went to Staffordshire University which is roughly a 50 minute drive from where I live in Derby, this was the first proper interview I had ever been to and it was the first University Interview I had ever done too. So to start with it was pretty nerve wracking because I do not like meeting new people and when I do meet new people I get really nervous and tend to go in to none stop talking mode. When we got to the university I registered that I was there and then me and mum sat waiting until someone came to get us and show us where to go. They took us over to a different building, where mum had to wait in the staff room while I went down for the interview. The interview was roughly 20 minutes and they asked me about why I wanted to do Photo Journalism and I said because I had always liked taking photographs, and I love English Literature as I do it at the minute for my A2 Level. They then asked to see my portfolio, I showed them some written work, my photographs and my art coursework. They asked about what I wanted to do and I said that I wanted to eventually work at the big horse shows and also work with Your Horse Magazine, mainly on the interviewing and taking pictures for Your Horse. I also told them about my blog and they said this was something that was good as during the first year you HAVE to do a blog to do with the course and taking your photographs. They then talked while I waited outside and asked me to come back in. They both said that they thought that my photography skills won't be as high as others as I am only doing Art A-Level not a photography A Level. But that I showed dedication and self motivation by the fact that I worked hard out of school teaching myself to take photographs and that I have worked through my stomach problem all through school so they know it is something that I will keep doing, because of this they offered me a Conditional Offer, meaning that as long as I get the right amount of UCAS points I have got a place at Staffordshire University! eepppp so excited!!! 

After this Rachel who did my interview took both me and my mum on a tour of the facilities that they have got. She talked to us about the course telling us about having to do a blog for the first year, she even showed us some on the internet that when I have finished writing this I am going to take a look at. Also that in the first and second year that we would do work to do with the Laws to do with taking photograph which is something that I can not wait to learn about. She told us that I would do work to do with the History of photography, and that there is a section where I would get to choose what I wanted to do and that it didn't have to be photography, for example on this section of the course I could do wood work, graphics and that sort of thing.She then showed us where most people do work and spend the majority of their time, a dark room, a store where you can get Nikon lenses cameras etc to borrow almost like a Library.

After this we got to talk to a student called Nick, who said I was welcome to add him on facebook in case there was any questions that I didn't think of that I wanted to ask him. He gave advice about only doing things that you enjoy, and that his favourite part of the course was the fact that it was always surprising you, you never know what is going to happen next, or what assignment will be next and that's something that he really enjoyed. He also said to only do it if it is something that you really enjoy because if you do not enjoy it then you will fail. I thought it was good to be able to talk to someone about the course and it gives you a point of view of someone actually doing it. I also thought that it was interesting that all the staff still work in the photography profession so they are all still practicing what they are teaching us. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...