Skip to main content

2nd Day of the new year.

Well so far this year there hasn't been any riding yet but on Friday I am going to be doing an own a pony day on my favourite horse of all time Gatsby!  I have no idea what we will be doing but I plan on taking my camera with me so that anything I can photograph and mark the start of a new riding year and then on saturday i get to ride him again, and knowing how hard Fiona likes to push me I think we can safely say that by the end of the second day I'm going to be aching because I am only used to riding once a week. However sooner or later I'm going to have to get my body used to riding more than just for an hour on a Saturday and as weird as it is going to sound I can't wait for the hard work! It's going to be tough and a challenge for me with my stomach but to me it will be 100% worth it! 

So Today I have spent some time reading my horse magazine that I get a subscription to and spent some time on my laptop as well as finally doing some work on my final piece, I have now finished all the black and white pencil part of my picture and then tomorrow I am going to do the pencil crayon colourful part of the picture and then other than maybe some lace print in the background my final piece will be done and I will post a picture for you all to see so I can get your opinions! I have also spent some time working on my A2 Art Journal that is part of the course and is compulsory, we have to write about our personal project why we chose it and the process that we have been through, it is 2000 words and so far I have got roughly 900 words, so only another thousand words to go!

I have also made my Final university choices today and sent off my replies to UCAS! On UCAS you have to make a firm choice and an insurance choice and then you decline the other universities that offer you a place. So my Obvious Firm Choice was Derby University, this is literally 5 miles from where I live, allowing me to live at home, be close to my riding and close to, (when I have my own horse) my horse. These were all things that I needed to think about both when applying to different universities but also when making my Final choice. When I got the offer my mum let Laurie one of the guys who works on that course but is currently off poorly know that I had been accepted and he was happy and looked forward to working with me as I had the drive that I needed to do well. I then put my Insurance choice as Staffordshire university to do Photojournalism, as they were such lovely people and it is a place that I would have liked to go however it was further away and I had already fall in love and made my mind up that I wanted to go to Derby. Then I declined the offers that I got from DeMontford at Leicester and the other course at Derby as the people on that course and the course content in general just wasn't for me.

Well Thats all from me for now, at least I think it is, I'll probably think of something later that I could of put in that I will put in tomorrow. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...