Skip to main content

Day before the exam

Today is the day before my textiles retake exam that I told you guys about earlier in the year. In the lesson today we decided that it would be beneficial to do a past paper as this would get us used to the layout and the set up of the questions. We decided that we also wanted to get a feel for how the paper was marked so we did one question and then had to mark it. I think that I marked it fairly and i even had to get my mum to recount my marks because I was surprised when I got 50 marks this was a B, we can safely say that it is an improvement from the last textiles mark that was a U.

After this we were supposed to have English, well that didn't happen only three of the people turned up for the lesson so we got sent away to do some revision as I had spent all of lunch revising I decided that it was time to just relax and chill out! So went to the sixth form centre, and sat with some mates and while they played chase, I got my diary out and wrote the majority of the important dates down that I could remember without looking at my computer.

Then it was time for Art, I was actually looking forward to it for once, well that changed the minute we walked in we could tell that he was in a bad mood and this but everybody on edge something that we are all used to, but something that I don't think we should have to put up with I don't think that it is fair at all, but hey life isn't always fair is it? During the lesson I took some more time to add shadows to my final piece to make it look a bit more effective. The lesson was then over and I had to carry two things from last year one that was heavy and a lot bigger than anyone and height ways it is almost as tall as me but I also had to carry my final piece out, it's a good job that mum was ready to undo the boot for me before I dropped everything! 
My final piece this was taken yesterday before I had time to add the shadows it is done using pencil, pencil crayon and pan pastels.

My next post in my 'How the horse works series' is going to be on Colic 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...