Skip to main content

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had a brain scan as there was 'no reason for neurological investigations', which makes no sense to anyone in our family because this is the one that Dr Reagan wanted her to have the most. She's come home tonight but has got to go back in at some point next week I think. So today, because I wasn't in school I have been attempting to help my mum to look after my nan and get the things done that she needs to get done. 

I also went with my Mum, (whilst Nan was in hospital) to a Saddlery that I love, and bought some new Chaps because my faithful 5 year old chaps decided that the strap wanted to snap on them that goes under the boot, so I have bought some chocolate brown, fur lined, Loveson half chaps, I've never had loveson chaps before but will be doing a product review at some point in the next week about whether I like them, if they are comfy and if they are good to ride in. Has anyone else had these half chaps?

Until Next Time 
A girl With A Dream

Comments

  1. Oh no! Hope your nan gets good news at the doctor next week and feels befter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Nan's falling again. I am also surprised they didn't do a head CT (scan) but I have seen many doctors overlook such an important test. Hope she has no lasting repercussions
    from her injuries. I am interested to see a pic of your new chaps with a fur lining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your Nan's fall. I hope she recovers fully.

    You half chaps sound luxurious. I've never seen ones that are fur lined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your nan. My grandpa has been having issues with balance too.... they didn't do a CT at first but when they finally did they discovered he'd had a mini stroke. He's fine from the stroke now, but he is having kidney issues. It's been tough lately so I totally understand how you're feeling. Hang in there. Our grandparents are tougher than we think. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your nan. Fingers crossed she improves and gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts! It's a shock but I'm having the week off school and going to help my mum to look after her, so that mum and my uncle can do the shopping on Friday and then I can stay in with nan. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...