Skip to main content

Lean Mean Shedding Machine

I forgot to post yesterday my new name for Gatsby, he's now the 'Lean Mean Shedding Machine' I have no idea where this came from but it popped in to my head yesterday when I was grooming him and I said it to my dad and we both thought that it was pretty funny. He's shedding so much so quickly, when I was grooming him yesterday he had just got handfuls of hair falling out. I'll be glad when his shedding is done because I end up covered in it. 

I also did not mention that my brother has got a new bike. Now when I say bike I mean a motor bike, he'd always said he wanted one and with Nan being ill it seemed like a logical idea to everyone in the family because it meant that he could get around places and my mum could stay in and look after my Nan. That was also another idea why a Mini was a good idea for me. On Friday he did his CBT which was just a one day thing so now he can drive on his own with L plates on. So he's really been enjoying doing that and enjoying being able to go places which I think's good for him and his confidence with his bike is growing so quickly. 

Tomorrow I am going to post some pictures of some of the art work of horses and animals in general that I have done over the years it'll also show how much my work keeps changing and growing and how I've developed my own style. I'll also be putting on tips that my art teacher gave me that have helped when he was in a good mood. I love doing art but I hate my art teacher which sometimes means that my Passion for art sometimes doesn't get used. 

Today my Nan asked me to take some photographs of my brother on his bike, my brother doesn't want those pictures putting online which is fair enough but my Mum and Brother said that I could use pictures of his bike that I've taken without him on it. So they will be at the end of this post. 

On Easter Sunday my Dad, Brother and I might be going to a Motor Bike Race at Darley Moor that Fionas (my riding teacher) brother is racing at, I might go just to get some experience at taking photographs of different subjects because I know that through out my Photography Career while I want the main bulk of work to be animal related that their will be times where I will have to take pictures of things that are out of my comfort zone, that will be a learning experience and I can't wait to do that because I love learning about ANYTHING to do with Photography.






Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. Shy has barely started her shedding. . .so far just hairs on her blaze have been coming out. But they look so pretty after they shed! So I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait til it's done Gatsby comes out a really really nice Dapple Brown Colour you can really see the dapples in places, where as in winter you don't see them the weird thing is he's black

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brothers bike is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bre is shedding hair like mad. I mad the mistake of putting a wool cooler on her and now it is covered in her hair even after a washing. I keep thinking she has be done but them more handfuls come out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be glad when it's over, as I end up with more hair on me than he has on him. Gatsby's got a fleece rug but we only use it in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...